Music I used from YouTube Audio Library caused copyright infringement problems

einsteinparrot

I uploaded a video to Rumble using a song from YouTube Audio Library, it was approved for profit-sharing on Rumble. It was also cross-posted to Dailymotion and I posted it to Instagram. Both Dailymotion and Instagram took down the video for copyright infringement. I thought that YTAL music was safe to use. Does anyone know why this happened? @Mario I am concerned that this may cause a problem for Rumble on 3rd party platforms. What can I do to rectify this?

RebeccaStout

Oh this is bad. We all were told that music was free, common grounds, royalty free. I do know the Kevin McCleod music has to have an attribution/credit listed but that's it. Insta pulled it???? Because Insta is behind the time they most things slide still. This is so very strange! Thank you for coming here because this is crucial for me and some others as you know

einsteinparrot

Oh this is bad. We all were told that music was free, common grounds, royalty free. I do know the Kevin McCleod music has to have an attribution/credit listed but that's it. Insta pulled it???? Because Insta is behind the time they most things slide still. This is so very strange! Thank you for coming here because this is crucial for me and some others as you know
Yes, Insta and Dailymotion. Funny thing is, I reposted it to Insta using the desktop Creator studio and it passed. Insta removed it 3 times when I tried to upload it via mobile. Dailymotion is still a mystery and I have written to them for an explanation. My concern is if this is having an effect on it not getting posted to MSN, Yahoo, etc, because I can't find the video on those platforms. Here is the link on Rumble Viral if you're curious.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0XAX59Zegw
. The music I used is "Happy Little Elves". I would also like to know where others get their music. I used to use Jewelbeat.com and would pay a small fee to buy a licence, but they no longer exist. I loved them. Most of the music on YTAL is not to my liking.

RebeccaStout

That video is gold by the way. AND for the holiday... such timing. I'd be SO exasperated that of all the videos you make this is the one that is having trouble. It's not mine and I'm upset. Lol.
We have discussed the possibility that music from the YT library might be okay to use only on YT. Like it might be exclusive to only them. YT SUCKS at giving us any info at all about any dang thing and so when the question has been asked is this truly free music as you claim or not, we hear crickets or just get the generic words "it is free to use". When someone brought up the possibility that we might come across this problem with the YT library of "free music", I pushed it aside. Free is free right? And they have levels. Like Kevin's, some music you have to credit the artist in the desripti9on of a video. And otthers you can use, but you cannot monetize. It's all so dicey there though! Can you tell this has me paniced? I use a LOT of YT music and have my videos spread all over (including here). We absolutely need to know for the future what is going on. And we absolutely need your problem resolved because this video is beautiful and unique. And its not something that can be put off really … its a little time sensitive because of the holiday.
You are a youtube partner right? Its hard to navigate to where it is, BUT you can get ahold of a real person in a live chat if you are a partner and discuss problems there and they will help you. So go into the "?" icon and click all over the site where it says help, eventually you will find the option for a live chat. For something like this mail won't do. They will just vomit the same generic words, "YouTube Library as music that is free and for you to monetize if you wish". ::hands up::

sloggervlogger

And that's why I don't use the audio library. The music is only free and monetizable for the YouTube platform. But even though, in the early days I had one video with YouTube audio when the rights changed for the audio clip I used. So I had to take down a viral video as you weren't able to change it after a certain amount of views back then. After that I never used the audio library again and come to the conclusion you're only 100% safe if you are only using 100% your own stuff.

RebeccaStout

I have been in search of FREE music since I doubted the library. Imcomptech or whatever it is has Kevin M music which is good music and totally free. You have to credit it... I'm still vague if it has to be within the video or in the description. I am willing to pay a dollar or less if it means it would safely be mine forever. But what I really need is FREE music.
Also what is the difference between royalty free and creative commons?

einsteinparrot

That video is gold by the way. AND for the holiday... such timing. I'd be SO exasperated that of all the videos you make this is the one that is having trouble. It's not mine and I'm upset. Lol.
We have discussed the possibility that music from the YT library might be okay to use only on YT. Like it might be exclusive to only them. YT SUCKS at giving us any info at all about any dang thing and so when the question has been asked is this truly free music as you claim or not, we hear crickets or just get the generic words "it is free to use". When someone brought up the possibility that we might come across this problem with the YT library of "free music", I pushed it aside. Free is free right? And they have levels. Like Kevin's, some music you have to credit the artist in the desripti9on of a video. And otthers you can use, but you cannot monetize. It's all so dicey there though! Can you tell this has me paniced? I use a LOT of YT music and have my videos spread all over (including here). We absolutely need to know for the future what is going on. And we absolutely need your problem resolved because this video is beautiful and unique. And its not something that can be put off really … its a little time sensitive because of the holiday.
You are a youtube partner right? Its hard to navigate to where it is, BUT you can get ahold of a real person in a live chat if you are a partner and discuss problems there and they will help you. So go into the "?" icon and click all over the site where it says help, eventually you will find the option for a live chat. For something like this mail won't do. They will just vomit the same generic words, "YouTube Library as music that is free and for you to monetize if you wish". ::hands up::
Thanks @RebeccaStout ! I just noticed the video is on MSN. This is very worrisome. I am a YouTube partner but have never been able to talk to a real person. I'll see what I can find out. Navigating YouTube is so frustrating!

einsteinparrot

And that's why I don't use the audio library. The music is only free and monetizable for the YouTube platform. But even though, in the early days I had one video with YouTube audio when the rights changed for the audio clip I used. So I had to take down a viral video as you weren't able to change it after a certain amount of views back then. After that I never used the audio library again and come to the conclusion you're only 100% safe if you are only using 100% your own stuff.
My husband suggested I go back to school and learn how to compose and perform my own music. I told him I'd do that in my spare time! LOL!!!

cdngreenwaterdiver

I have been in search of FREE music since I doubted the library. Imcomptech or whatever it is has Kevin M music which is good music and totally free. You have to credit it... I'm still vague if it has to be within the video or in the description. I am willing to pay a dollar or less if it means it would safely be mine forever. But what I really need is FREE music.
Also what is the difference between royalty free and creative commons?
Any time I place music on my videos I use yt video creator and have never had a problem that I know of .

RebeccaStout

Thanks @RebeccaStout ! I just noticed the video is on MSN. This is very worrisome. I am a YouTube partner but have never been able to talk to a real person. I'll see what I can find out. Navigating YouTube is so frustrating!
Please please do. I contacted them when I had trouble with a verification badge, then a hold up with my silver play button award... they were awesome. I then contacted them last spring when the whole child content thing very first started. I asked specific questions and in no way were they helpful. They had a script and would only answer to that repeatedly. Now that it all blew up though, I see why. Anyway, it is TOUGH to navigate it. Just keep clicking and clicking. Any tiny link that says help, contact, etc on any given page. Eventually you will find a way to live chat. I was not a 100k partner when I could do it either. Emails are easy to send back and forth. Keep at it! Something is not right here the more I think about it.

RebeccaStout

Can someone explain the difference between royalty free and creative commons?
I also found out there are levels of it to make it all the more tricky.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I just had a video upload result in a copyright claim on YouTube. It was a YouTube royalty free audio track "A-new-dawnwav". I'm certain I've used it before so this is new. The MSN and Rumble versions are OK. It was just a YouTube issue. A pity, because the music fit the video well.
But I can't find it on the YouTube library now. I assume I got it on YT but they have since sold it. I'm not sure.
Audioblocks is a subscription source that allows unlimited downloads for $99. There are others too. Maybe we need a thread that just deals with suggestions for royalty free music.

View: https://youtu.be/TK-uJ4ICfmw

This guy includes a link to royalty free music. He's a good source of info for editing and if you follow his link, he gets a referral credit.

einsteinparrot

I just had a video upload result in a copyright claim on YouTube. It was a YouTube royalty free audio track "A-new-dawnwav". I'm certain I've used it before so this is new. The MSN and Rumble versions are OK. It was just a YouTube issue. A pity, because the music fit the video well.
But I can't find it on the YouTube library now. I assume I got it on YT but they have since sold it. I'm not sure.
Audioblocks is a subscription source that allows unlimited downloads for $99. There are others too. Maybe we need a thread that just deals with suggestions for royalty free music.

View: https://youtu.be/TK-uJ4ICfmw

This guy includes a link to royalty free music. He's a good source of info for editing and if you follow his link, he gets a referral credit.
Can someone explain the difference between royalty free and creative commons?
I also found out there are levels of it to make it all the more tricky.
I wish I could explain the difference, but it's so complicated. Sorry!

sloggervlogger

Please please do. I contacted them when I had trouble with a verification badge, then a hold up with my silver play button award... they were awesome. I then contacted them last spring when the whole child content thing very first started. I asked specific questions and in no way were they helpful. They had a script and would only answer to that repeatedly. Now that it all blew up though, I see why. Anyway, it is TOUGH to navigate it. Just keep clicking and clicking. Any tiny link that says help, contact, etc on any given page. Eventually you will find a way to live chat. I was not a 100k partner when I could do it either. Emails are easy to send back and forth. Keep at it! Something is not right here the more I think about it.
Show us your silver play button award. :D Something I've been looking forward to for the new year.

sloggervlogger

Did a live feed party at a restaurant too on YT lol. With Onni!
Brilliant! It looks great! Congratulations! Well deserved! I know how much work goes in to it. I got my own award yesterday, not from YouTube from a Rumble competitor company, it was a total surprise and I was so speechless. It's so beautiful, I made a video of it. It's on my twitter account if anybody wants to see. :giggle: It's just an amazing feeling to get rewarded like that. Family always tells you, you doing good, but when others recognize your work like that, is just the cherry on the cake.