More action needed on stolen videos!

sloggervlogger

I do love Rumble, but something needs to be done about stolen videos.
This post did get shut down a while back: https://community.rumble.com/threads/stolen-videos.12082/#post-22859
For me, unfortunately, it's still open. I still haven't received any payment from the Sun newspaper and I haven't received any answer on why this either and yes they still have the video. I lost count on how many emails I wrote to both @Mario and Claudio Ramolo (licencing) about stolen videos. I always get a quick reply that they are looking into it, but unfortunately, that's it and I don't hear anything else. I know @Mario you can't help with licencing, but someone's butt needs kicking and getting me some answers lol.
The reason why I bring this up again is, I spotted one of my videos again with a newspaper. Email has been written to licencing and I'm sure I get a "we are looking into it email back", but I want more this time I want some answers like if they bought it? If they will pay or whatever the reason is I deserve at least that much. I'm well aware that sometimes nothing can be done, because of what country they are in and it's impossible to trace, but these two cases are not such sites. They are easily reached and I just don't want to wait another two years with no answers.

ray1876

I do love Rumble, but something needs to be done about stolen videos.
This post did get shut down a while back: https://community.rumble.com/threads/stolen-videos.12082/#post-22859
For me, unfortunately, it's still open. I still haven't received any payment from the Sun newspaper and I haven't received any answer on why this either and yes they still have the video. I lost count on how many emails I wrote to both @Mario and Claudio Ramolo (licencing) about stolen videos. I always get a quick reply that they are looking into it, but unfortunately, that's it and I don't hear anything else. I know @Mario you can't help with licencing, but someone's butt needs kicking and getting me some answers lol.
The reason why I bring this up again is, I spotted one of my videos again with a newspaper. Email has been written to licencing and I'm sure I get a "we are looking into it email back", but I want more this time I want some answers like if they bought it? If they will pay or whatever the reason is I deserve at least that much. I'm well aware that sometimes nothing can be done, because of what country they are in and it's impossible to trace, but these two cases are not such sites. They are easily reached and I just don't want to wait another two years with no answers.
Would love to hear a happy ending. That is a great video

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
@sloggervlogger

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We try our best all the time. First I want to point out that litigating every infringement is extremely costly and doesn't always get the result we are looking for, especially in different countries.

Your infringement has come across my desk, and I've personally looked at it multiple times. The decision not to litigate "yet", is an internal one for various reasons, cost and location are the highest ones on the list. For example, the laws in the US are much more favorable than the laws in the UK for suing on copyright infringement. And because of this, we are seeing much more stealing in the UK than in the US, unfortunately.

But as one of the users said above, Rumble loses out too when someone steals, so we are in it together and we will do our best to protect the content. The time may come to litigate your infringement, or might not. I hope you will continue to have faith that we are doing our best and we will make the right decision.

I've also gone ahead and tried one more thing to try and bring it to a resolution. Lets see if it works.

Last edited:

sloggervlogger

@sloggervlogger

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We try our best all the time. First I want to point out that litigating every infringement is extremely costly and doesn't always get the result we are looking for, especially in different countries.

Your infringement has come across my desk, and I've personally looked at it multiple times. The decision not to litigate "yet", is an internal one for various reasons, cost and location are the highest ones on the list. For example, the laws in the US are much more favorable than the laws in the UK for suing on copyright infringement. And because of this, we are seeing much more stealing in the UK than in the US, unfortunately.

But as one of the users said above, Rumble loses out too when someone steals, so we are in it together and we will do our best to protect the content. The time may come to litigate your infringement, or might not. I hope you will continue to have faith that we are doing our best and we will make the right decision.
Thank you so much Chris for taking the time explaining, it's much appreciated. This was what I was looking for, some sort of explanation. Much better than waiting and not knowing what is going on. I do understand where you coming from, that it isn't easy with different country laws and going against big companies like the Sun newspaper. I'll guess it's another Daily Mail scenario. They just too big and it seems they can do what they like. Hopefully one day they will get their comeuppance. Thank you for looking into it again!

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much Chris for taking the time explaining, it's much appreciated. This was what I was looking for, some sort of explanation. Much better than waiting and not knowing what is going on. I do understand where you coming from, that it isn't easy with different country laws and going against big companies like the Sun newspaper. I'll guess it's another Daily Mail scenario. They just too big and it seems they can do what they like. Hopefully one day they will get their comeuppance. Thank you for looking into it again!
Also trying one more thing to see if we can bring it to a quick resolution. Hopefully something happens from it. If you see more infringements, please keep sending them in. The more we get, the bigger the cases get and requires more attention from us.

sloggervlogger

Also trying one more thing to see if we can bring it to a quick resolution. Hopefully something happens from it. If you see more infringements, please keep sending them in. The more we get, the bigger the cases get and requires more attention from us.
Will do, thank you Chris!