Might as well shut down Rumble Battles for the time being...

Spitfire

Rumble - just a suggestion - but you might as well shut down Rumble Battles for the time being. I've been away from Rumble for awhile, but the Rumble Battles I found interesting and it was a great way to enjoy creators content. I've just hopped back on to find it's nothing but political TV news clips that certainly wasn't created independently by any creator on here. Creator content has apparently been buried by this onslaught. There can certainly be an area on Rumble dedicated to all this politico, but this is crazy. What's the point of Rumble Battles now? We can just turn on the TV to see this content.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I believe that the battles were a great way to encourage people to create content. I appreciate that many people want to promote views and opinions through news feed type videos, but it isn't what I thought the battles were about.
I would hope to see some sort of filter that allows people to compete only with their videos that qualify for distribution.
If it isn't chosen afterwards, then no problem, but I'd like to see the battles be left to those videos that have no copyright issues. We all know the rules regarding what can be submitted for distribution, or we can make them known. Screen captures of news programs are a good example of what I think should not be in the running.
It's possible that a second category could be created, or two streams of battles. I'd also like to see a limit to the number of videos that one channel can have appear in the battles.
For example, if I suddenly uploaded twenty videos of my dog, wouldn't the community prefer a 2-3 video limit?

I suspect that those channels with a huge following or with the ability to upload a dozen videos at once aren't really here for the $50 anyway.

KerinGedge

Rumble - just a suggestion - but you might as well shut down Rumble Battles for the time being. I've been away from Rumble for awhile, but the Rumble Battles I found interesting and it was a great way to enjoy creators content. I've just hopped back on to find it's nothing but political TV news clips that certainly wasn't created independently by any creator on here. Creator content has apparently been buried by this onslaught. There can certainly be an area on Rumble dedicated to all this politico, but this is crazy. What's the point of Rumble Battles now? We can just turn on the TV to see this content.
I'm new, and gotta be honest, while I am conservative and like seeing the odd sticking it to Pelosi or Biden, i don't really enjoy the battles if it's all politics... I come on video sharing platforms to escape... not to mention I'm in New Zealand and we have our own political idiots to contend with (Jacinda) the flip side is though, i don't want to see a hundred videos of kittens either!

On a side note can anyone tell me how videos get onto the rumble battles? Do creators submit them to battles or do all uploads go into the battles automatically?

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
We are aware of the concerns with the battles, and there will be changes to this in the coming weeks. I'm still thinking on the best way to handle it. The overwhelming concern seems to be that users are not getting the content they want, unless they follow specific users.

I will work hard on fixing this, but it may take a few weeks.

What are battles? Is that where you just hit like or dislike after the first 4 seconds and try to rate enough videos to get money? I saw a video about rumble that basically said that's what this site is for. Why do you want less content on rumble? I think this whole site is severely lacking in content, which is why it's not catching on too quickly. Instead of trying to ban the content you don't like, try to promote the uploading of content you do like. But really, what is the battle? I've not seen any battle feature as a viewer or creator.

KerinGedge

What are battles? Is that where you just hit like or dislike after the first 4 seconds and try to rate enough videos to get money? I saw a video about rumble that basically said that's what this site is for. Why do you want less content on rumble? I think this whole site is severely lacking in content, which is why it's not catching on too quickly. Instead of trying to ban the content you don't like, try to promote the uploading of content you do like. But really, what is the battle? I've not seen any battle feature as a viewer or creator.
Yep I agree, if we can get more creators onboard with varying talents and types of content it'll definitely improve. Also let's get real, there's an election on, of course there's going to be a ton of political stuff at the moment...

KerinGedge

I never see my own content in the battles. I’m subscribed to myself too. I don’t see the content of people I’m subscribed to. I used to but now it seems to always start with the same people. I think this is not how you intended it to be so just wanted to give a heads up.
That's good to know, I was starting to feel a little bummed that I hadn't seen mine on there yet:)

KerinGedge

I never see my own content in the battles. I’m subscribed to myself too. I don’t see the content of people I’m subscribed to. I used to but now it seems to always start with the same people. I think this is not how you intended it to be so just wanted to give a heads up.
Oops, forget my last reply, I just turned on the battle and saw three of my vids appear one after the other:p

PaulRimmer

Oops, forget my last reply, I just turned on the battle and saw three of my vids appear one after the other:p
Hi
Without sounding patronising, yon can always click on " Leaderboard " ( from the Rumble screen / option ) which will then display the days battle .. then simlpy scroll down to see your own uploads & everything else not in pending. Today there is over 1000 though I've just noticed , an incredible amount and possibly a record for Rumble ! .? .. You may have to scroll down to postion 300 though to bypass the News stuff etc occupying the leaderboard atm ! .. massive amount really considering when I 1st started uploading, the Leaderboard had an average of about 120 a day ... only 3 months ago. ..wow

KerinGedge

Hi
Without sounding patronising, yon can always click on " Leaderboard " ( from the Rumble screen / option ) which will then display the days battle .. then simlpy scroll down to see your own uploads & everything else not in pending. Today there is over 1000 though I've just noticed , an incredible amount and possibly a record for Rumble ! .? .. You may have to scroll down to postion 300 though to bypass the News stuff etc occupying the leaderboard atm ! .. massive amount really considering when I 1st started uploading, the Leaderboard had an average of about 120 a day ... only 3 months ago. ..wow
That's what I was doing, scrolling to the bottom of the leader board like you said... but seconds after posting my last reply I went to do some rumbling and suddenly just like that 3 of my own videos popped up.

brenmichelle

Hi
I’m not really looking for my own vids, just trying to see the order things are displayed because the vid that’s displayed first will always have an advantage. It just didn’t make sense that the vids that are supposed to pop up first on my battle feed, aren’t.

PaulRimmer

I’m not really looking for my own vids, just trying to see the order things are displayed because the vid that’s displayed first will always have an advantage. It just didn’t make sense that the vids that are supposed to pop up first on my battle feed, aren’t.
Yeah, I guess they will have an advantage..even more so now I guess due to the volumes because its possible unless someone is really going for ticket volume, they may tire of swiping..especially if its over 1000 in qty .Be interesting to know what process presents the selection a video is placed wouldn't it ? And, I suppose your own videos are not shown in the Rumble battle to avoid giving yourself a rumble 🤭😃, see what you mean now , its all interesting!

brenmichelle

Yeah, I guess they will have an advantage..even more so now I guess due to the volumes because its possible unless someone is really going for ticket volume, they may tire of swiping..especially if its over 1000 in qty .Be interesting to know what process presents the selection a video is placed wouldn't it ? And, I suppose your own videos are not shown in the Rumble battle to avoid giving yourself a rumble 🤭😃, see what you mean now , its all interesting!
I suggested before they change the order halfway through the battle so the last go first and the first go last. Seems a bit more fair.

PaulRimmer

I suggested before they change the order halfway through the battle so the last go first and the first go last. Seems a bit more fair.
It's all very interesting, and exciting to see what happens next ! , I really hope battles are not stopped and all these recent concerns with placements, current media, volumes & change are all considered to best represent everyone and within the technical scope Rumble can work with. Good suggestion is that 👌, fingers crossed ! .
Anyway, sadly, it's impossible to please everyone and always a choice ! .Up Rumble & no Crumble 🐶🦜🐺🐴🐬🎤🦴🎶...and news .

brenmichelle

It's all very interesting, and exciting to see what happens next ! , I really hope battles are not stopped and all these recent concerns with placements, current media, volumes & change are all considered to best represent everyone and within the technical scope Rumble can work with. Good suggestion is that 👌, fingers crossed ! .
Anyway, sadly, it's impossible to please everyone and always a choice ! .Up Rumble & no Crumble 🐶🦜🐺🐴🐬🎤🦴🎶...and news .
So true! Someone will be unhappy even when they get free money. 🤦‍♀️

JonG

It’s sad that a Canadian based company has sold out to Bongino and the US media far right. Not to mention it has sold out all its lower end content creators to promote far right American political views. The “Battles” are a joke now as is the front page. I’m looking into other platforms to host and promote my videos along with closing my account here.

Not to mention, IF Trump wins for some ungodly reason, this site becomes a huge Trump mouthpiece for another four years. Unacceptable.

Any of the higher ups here at Rumble should be ashamed. Pets, Kids, Family based viral media was a great market for you and you sold out for a quick buck for an election.

chrisrumble

Administrator
Staff member
It’s sad that a Canadian based company has sold out to Bongino and the US media far right. Not to mention it has sold out all its lower end content creators to promote far right American political views. The “Battles” are a joke now as is the front page. I’m looking into other platforms to host and promote my videos along with closing my account here.

Not to mention, IF Trump wins for some ungodly reason, this site becomes a huge Trump mouthpiece for another four years. Unacceptable.

Any of the higher ups here at Rumble should be ashamed. Pets, Kids, Family based viral media was a great market for you and you sold out for a quick buck for an election.
Sorry you feel this way @JonG. Our policy at Rumble does not discriminate against any one group or any content. You are free to feel however you like, but we at Rumble welcome everyone as long as they are within the law and our policies.