Limited edition, do the films that got there have a chance of success?

MimiRabbit

I have a question. My popular films, namely 11/12, were in limited distribution. Please explain to me exactly where this movie is going? Are they only visible on the bang? are they added somewhere else? According to the tables, they are added to the You Tube channel in Rumble. Are my earnings available only in Rumble views?
aaaa.png

Last edited:

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
I have a question. My popular films, namely 11/12, were in limited distribution. Please explain to me exactly where this movie is going? Are they only visible on the bang? are they added somewhere else? According to the tables, they are added to the You Tube channel in Rumble. Are my earnings available only in Rumble views?
View attachment 789
Full distribution gets you more exposure on more platforms and you get paid for every single view that you get on any of them. I've had a few on Limited make some decent money, but generally they don't earn a lot. It's still wise to accept it in most cases though.

sloggervlogger

Full distribution gets you more exposure on more platforms and you get paid for every single view that you get on any of them. I've had a few on Limited make some decent money, but generally they don't earn a lot. It's still wise to accept it in most cases though.
Sorry David, I have to disagree with you on the last bit ­čśŐ. In most cases, I wouldn't accept limited. If you do accept limited, think carefully if you want to give up the rights of your video for little or no exposure. For me limited is mostly a no go. I rather re-upload and just put in on the Rumble player instead. That gives me the option to delete in the future if I want to, but everybody needs to make that decision for themselves, just make sure to think about it carefully.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Sorry David, I have to disagree with you on the last bit ­čśŐ. In most cases, I wouldn't accept limited. If you do accept limited, think carefully if you want to give up the rights of your video for little or no exposure. For me limited is mostly a no go. I rather re-upload and just put in on the Rumble player instead. That gives me the option to delete in the future if I want to, but everybody needs to make that decision for themselves, just make sure to think about it carefully.
Good point Slogger. I was looking at it from my own point of view...
I don't sell the videos elsewhere and my own YouTube channel can't make me money. I can't make more with a video than I can on Rumble, even with Limited. I believe that you have other options, with your very successful YT channel.
I should have said: I recommend Limited when you haven't got the potential to market a video elsewhere on a scuccessful platform.

sloggervlogger

Good point Slogger. I was looking at it from my own point of view...
I don't sell the videos elsewhere and my own YouTube channel can't make me money. I can't make more with a video than I can on Rumble, even with Limited. I believe that you have other options, with your very successful YT channel.
I should have said: I recommend Limited when you haven't got the potential to market a video elsewhere on a scuccessful platform.
I don't think it matters how successful your YouTube channel is or if it is a paying channel or not ( if you don't give up and work on it, it won't be a nonpaying channel forever and every YouTube channel that starts now, it's a struggle to get it of the ground. I know I've got 2 start-up channels) You have to think to yourself, do I take my chance and make a little bit of money or maybe no money at all with limited or do I hold on until some other offers are coming along in the future? Offers are much more plentiful in the early stages than when you've got a successful YouTube channel! I haven't got any offers since my Youtube channel got big, I'm the one doing the work now and offer to companies instead. You have to think to yourself, do I think this video is better than just limited? Then hold on, you never know what happens in the future. I've seen it so many times when old videos come back to life. If it's limited, that's it, no future choice. I'm not saying limited is always a bad choice, but make sure you are clear on what it means for your video. So many people are not clear on it and just accept limited. To sum it up, if limited is offered, stop, think about what it means and then make your choice.
Sorry to kind of hijack you thread @MimiRabbit , to your post if your video is limited it's on the rumble player and it would be on the Rumble YouTube channel, but not the Rumble viral YouTube channel and it doesn't get promoted to third party companies like aol, yahoo, msn....., earnins could come from rumble views, or from the Rumble YouTube channel, if the video shows adverts.

MimiRabbit

Forgive me for asking, but I want to know exactly what I'm choosing, including Limited Video.
sloggervlogger
You wrote: Rumble YouTube channel
Where can I find this channel ??

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
and that's what I meant :). Well, I'm waiting for Mario's answer.
youtube changed their posting rules in the last few months, meaning we can't post all the content that's uploaded to us.

Limited distribution used to mean every video would go to the rumble.com youtube channel, but not anymore. It's no longer guaranteed you'll get any specific distribution beyond Rumble, distribution to every other platform is assessed on a video to video basis.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
Slogger's advice is very correct, as usual. But for most people, like myself, I'm focused on building my Rumble channel and have little time or desire to build a YouTube channel. I would take limited because I can still use the footage in other Rumble videos and I have almost zero potential or desire to market it elsewhere. But if your goal is to market to other platforms, or to be a big YouTuber, the decision is more complex.
It's good to figure out which type of uploader you are and decide based on that.
Another option is to change your video. Make improvements. Decline limited for the first one and try again on Rumble for front page promotion with the second. But even then, you can take limited the first time, make changes and upload a new video with the same footage. Just make sure there is a serious improvement to the second version or you're just repeating a fruitless attempt.

MimiRabbit

[QUOTE = "Mario, post: 25649, członek: 4600"]
YouTube zmieni┼é swoje zasady publikowania w ci─ůgu ostatnich kilku miesi─Öcy, co oznacza, ┼╝e nie mo┼╝emy publikowa─ç ca┼éej tre┼Ťci, kt├│ra zosta┼éa do nas przes┼éana.

Ograniczona dystrybucja oznacza┼éa, ┼╝e ka┼╝dy film trafia┼éby na kana┼é youtube rumble.com, ale ju┼╝ nie. Nie ma ju┼╝ gwarancji, ┼╝e dostaniesz jak─ůkolwiek konkretn─ů dystrybucj─Ö poza Rumble, dystrybucja na ka┼╝d─ů inn─ů platform─Ö jest oceniana na podstawie wideo do wideo.
[/ ZACYTOWA─ć][/ QUOTE]

W takim przypadku tabela w FAQ jest niepoprawna.
Podsumowuj─ůc, mog─Ö zmieni─ç licencje na moje filmy, kt├│re s─ů teraz w limitowanej edycji, z opcj─ů zarobienia tylko hukiem, poniewa┼╝ ograniczona licencja ma takie same mo┼╝liwo┼Ťci.

sloggervlogger

Slogger's advice is very correct, as usual. But for most people, like myself, I'm focused on building my Rumble channel and have little time or desire to build a YouTube channel. I would take limited because I can still use the footage in other Rumble videos and I have almost zero potential or desire to market it elsewhere. But if your goal is to market to other platforms, or to be a big YouTuber, the decision is more complex.
It's good to figure out which type of uploader you are and decide based on that.
Another option is to change your video. Make improvements. Decline limited for the first one and try again on Rumble for front page promotion with the second. But even then, you can take limited the first time, make changes and upload a new video with the same footage. Just make sure there is a serious improvement to the second version or you're just repeating a fruitless attempt.
Good point David, we certainly agree on the last bit! Rejecting limited and reworking your video to get full distribution is a great option. I've done this many times and it worked many times.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
It's important to remember that you are licensing the footage, not just the finished video. So if I accept limited on a second attempt, the first video attempt will still be under license to Rumble if it uses the same footage. That's why I prefer to accept limited, rework the video, and hope for approval for distribution. But rejecting Limited won't give me more options for the first version, as I understand it.
I'm also basing my decision on two videos that have earned me over $100 even though they were limited. It's not a common thing, but I liked the results :)