Lesson learned about value of promoting your videos on your social media

DavidMcNab

I had a video do very well for me in May 2018. I posted the video on my FaceBook page and I was contacted by RightThisMinute.com, an internet news channel. They reached out to me through FB and asked for a copy of the video with no text overlaid. I messaged Mario and Nick and they suggested uploading version two. They began speaking with the RightThisMinute people. Version two was approved immediately and the video appeared right away.
I've now received payment for it and although in this case, it wasn't huge, I was very happy. (Other commercial deals through Rumble have been even more lucrative.)
Something I learned here was that promotion and earnings can come through your social media. Although this isn't a great revelation, it was a good lesson that it really does happen. Sharing videos, after approval, is worth it.
Also, the second version earned me enough money through views to give me a welcome boost as well.
I believe that the views on both videos were likely increased due to the exposure. All in all, the two versions of this video combined have been my biggest success.
They both continue to earn a few hundred dollars per month, with no sign of stopping.
Earnings can come in several ways and promoting your videos in any way you can is always wise.
And when these things happen, Rumble moves quickly for you to secure your chance at exposure and earnings.

rassimbog

Hello
It is better not to waste time on social networks or to search for sites the goal will not justify the means.

Social networks are business situations and where one percent of the population earns 99 percent who invest in networks.

DavidMcNab

There are many reasons why sharing your videos on social media makes complete sense.
The first is that sharing a video takes only a moment. The second is that it contributes to views and exposure for the video. This directly affects earnings.
The third is that it increases the Rumble brand recognition and benefits the platform and creators in the long run. This has proven to be true with the dramatic increase in Rumble's online presence recently. People now know that YouTube is not the only, or best place to view videos.
The fourth reason is that agencies are often looking for media and video content and it is common for them to find it through FaceBook shares. This leads to to Rumble for licensing, and then earnings for the creators.
Another good reason to share the videos is that it provides valuable feedback to creators and helps them understand what they are doing right, or wrong.
One share can lead to that viral hit. You just never know.
Rassimbog, I believe that your suggestion may be very true of other aspects of social media, but in the world of viral videos, there is great benefit to using social media to promote content. And it requires little effort.

ray1876

Good points David! I like the wikipedia definition of a viral video. Says "is a video that becomes popular through a viral process of internet sharing. What better way to share than through social media?

DavidMcNab

Exactly. That one share might be what makes a video begin to be viral. My first viral video, before I knew about Rumble and monetization, was an accidental leak on my Facebook page. It had 25,000,000 views one week later and has been seen around the world. Ironically, it was that video that actually led me to Rumble.
A lot of good things can happen from a social media share.

Tripwire

I had a video do very well for me in May 2018. I posted the video on my FaceBook page and I was contacted by RightThisMinute.com, an internet news channel. They reached out to me through FB and asked for a copy of the video with no text overlaid. I messaged Mario and Nick and they suggested uploading version two. They began speaking with the RightThisMinute people. Version two was approved immediately and the video appeared right away.
I've now received payment for it and although in this case, it wasn't huge, I was very happy. (Other commercial deals through Rumble have been even more lucrative.)
Something I learned here was that promotion and earnings can come through your social media. Although this isn't a great revelation, it was a good lesson that it really does happen. Sharing videos, after approval, is worth it.
Also, the second version earned me enough money through views to give me a welcome boost as well.
I believe that the views on both videos were likely increased due to the exposure. All in all, the two versions of this video combined have been my biggest success.
They both continue to earn a few hundred dollars per month, with no sign of stopping.
Earnings can come in several ways and promoting your videos in any way you can is always wise.
And when these things happen, Rumble moves quickly for you to secure your chance at exposure and earnings.
I have been asked quite a few times for my videos I send them to rumble and dont hear from them again lol

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I have been asked quite a few times for my videos I send them to rumble and dont hear from them again lol
A lot of sites want to use content in return of exposure. We don't run our site on exposure, so when we mention the associated licensing fees they tend to keep looking for free content.

New creators tend to go for it thinking they'll get a great deal of exposure but in the end, only the sites themselves grow their presence while benefiting from the ad revenue. Exposure does not benefit anyone, it's like the unpaid internships of online content.

ray1876

A lot of sites want to use content in return of exposure. We don't run our site on exposure, so when we mention the associated licensing fees they tend to keep looking for free content.

New creators tend to go for it thinking they'll get a great deal of exposure but in the end, only the sites themselves grow their presence while benefiting from the ad revenue. Exposure does not benefit anyone, it's like the unpaid internships of online content.
I agree Mario. I always see comments on videos that ask for permission to use the video in exchange fro "Credit." I don't see how "Credit" helps me when the requester monetizes my video for themselves.

DavidMcNab

@DavidMcNab Curious. What video was it? Do you mind sharing? ;)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6mXZTIdwn8&t=2s

It's a family of Syrian refugees who came to Canada in 2016. Syrian Children Experience Snow.
This is my own copy but it was on news sites and platforms everywhere and was seen about 100M times in a month.
It's a family of Syrian refugees who came to Canada in 2016. Syrian Children Experience Snow.
I shared it on Facebook with the family and it was leaked. It was their first proper experience with snow. They were already famous after the MacLean's article "Saving Family 417."
I wanted no part of monetizing this video because it was at a time when people were terrified of Syrian refugees for the wrong reasons. We wanted it simply to be shared to change hearts and minds. It actually helped their father, lost to them for five years, find them again.
But another result was that people were stealing my other YouTube videos and I turned to Rumble for copyright assistance. That's how I started with Rumble.

DavidMcNab

Mario is so correct. I allowed the Chive to publish my video and it didn't even boost my YouTube views. 1M views got me nothing.
When True Facts asked for another video, for exposure only, I told them I'd grant that in exchange for a small charitable donation to an environmental cause. They were outraged.
They claimed I could get as many as 5M views and it would be worth it.
Rumble has gotten me a lot more views than that and cashola too!! :)

DavidMcNab

@DavidMcNab Curious. What video was it? Do you mind sharing? ;)

I shared it on Facebook with the family and it was leaked. It was their first proper experience with snow. They were already famous after the MacLean's article "Saving Family 417."
I wanted no part of monetizing this video because it was at a time when people were terrified of Syrian refugees for the wrong reasons. We wanted in simply to be shared to change hearts and minds. It actually helped their father, lost to them for five years, find them again.
But the result was that people were stealing my other YouTube videos and i turned to Rumble for copyright assistance. That's how I started with Rumble.

einsteinparrot

This is my own copy but it was on news sites and platforms everywhere and was seen about 100M times in a month.
I wanted no part of monetizing this video because it was at a time when people were terrified of Syrian refugees for the wrong reasons. We wanted it simply to be shared to change hearts and minds. It actually helped their father, lost to them for five years, find them again.
But another result was that people were stealing my other YouTube videos and I turned to Rumble for copyright assistance. That's how I started with Rumble.
Ah! Yes! I remember that one!

Tripwire

You have been extremely lucky David, you have had a few deals from your videos, keep
up the good work .