Is the “minus” symbol the same as a “dislike”?

kwoodruff

Curious what the minus symbol means. If there are enough negatives should I just delete the video or keep it? Does clicking on a minus symbol contribute towards the rumble battles or only the plus sign? I realize not everyone’s going to like every video and that’s fine.

brenmichelle

I just watched you’re most recent video with the “minus’s”. This video would not get get such a negative response under normal circumstances on Rumble. This is one of the issues I was going to bring up in the app discussion. The nature of the app creates a sense of rushing and snap judging videos because people just want to get through all the videos to get tickets. I think this video just doesn’t work well in the rumble battle but would do fine on the regular platform. I don’t know if this is an issue concerning the app but I thought I would mention it. Also, it probably doesn’t matter too much, but people who have content in the battle will likely downvote others. @Mario I just want to tag you because this is not in the app discussion but you might want to see it. Thanks!

cdngreenwaterdiver

I have seen 4 minus' on my latest rumbling as well. Looks like I won't be winning any battle today, life goes on. Regarding your comment about people wanting to just get through the videos, maybe there should be a way of making sure they actually watch the compete video before making a judgement call. The easy click to get thru doesn't really give the creators a fair chance.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I just watched you’re most recent video with the “minus’s”. This video would not get get such a negative response under normal circumstances on Rumble. This is one of the issues I was going to bring up in the app discussion. The nature of the app creates a sense of rushing and snap judging videos because people just want to get through all the videos to get tickets. I think this video just doesn’t work well in the rumble battle but would do fine on the regular platform. I don’t know if this is an issue concerning the app but I thought I would mention it. Also, it probably doesn’t matter too much, but people who have content in the battle will likely downvote others. @Mario I just want to tag you because this is not in the app discussion but you might want to see it. Thanks!
No worries, I see all threads.

ray1876

I have seen 4 minus' on my latest rumbling as well. Looks like I won't be winning any battle today, life goes on. Regarding your comment about people wanting to just get through the videos, maybe there should be a way of making sure they actually watch the compete video before making a judgement call. The easy click to get thru doesn't really give the creators a fair chance.
I wonder if a metric with some kind of "weighted" vote for each video would work. Where each vote is weighted against the length of video and how long it was viewed before it is voted on. One full vote for a completed video.

nademedeiros

True, but some videos are extremely long... I think people should edit their videos better. I feel like a lot of people start shooting way before the "action" happens, and then upload the original video, having a lot "useless" bits that make people uninterested... of course that there are some "wait for it videos", but that's why a title is so important. What I do, when I see that a vide is too long and nothing interesting is happening, is click on the user's name to see the title, and then decide whether I should keep watching it or not.