Inadvertant product promotion in video

ray1876

Anyone ever think about the audio in the background of a video that is actually a commercial for a product? What if the video got millions of views? Wonder if that is something Rumble can capitalize on. Thoughts?

Revids

Do you mean with deliberate commercial advertising rather than a coincidence? If so I guess in theory it's possible, but I would imagine it would take brand deals, contracts etc and I think the main issue would be that with Rumble style 'viral' videos, there's no way to know if a video is going to get millions of views or not, so I can't see how it would work 🤷‍♂️

ray1876

It my case the ad wasn't intentional and the video got over a million views. Was thinking Rumble could have made a deal and got extra revenue.

Revids

I see what you mean. I'm guessing in that case, the company would just be like "Thanks for the free advertising" 😄

ray1876

I see what you mean. I'm guessing in that case, the company would just be like "Thanks for the free advertising" 😄
The funny thing is that a lot of the comments below the video are about the ad. So it is being noticed for sure.