I really want to like Rumble ... but ....

Venge77

I came here like many from the Dan Bongino show. I would really like to make Rumble my #1 video viewer, but I find that there is very poor chat functionality. Here are some concerns.

1. There has to be a better way of notifying a user has received a reply to his comment then sending that user an email!! Think about it. I have made upwards of 30 or 40 comments a day on YouTube,now imagine if I get an EMAIL for every reply to every single one of those comments. So clearly, email notification on Rumble is a dumb idea, and I deactivated it asap.

2. So I deactivated the reply notification, and then noticed that nowhere on Rumble does it tell me that I have replies, that I can quickly click on and go to the appropriate place in the thread. Or if it is there, it is so well hidden that a daily computer user for the past 20 years can't easily find it. If it has to be hunted for, then it is a totally useless function. Again, YouTube has notifications under the Bell Symbol on the homepage. You can scroll all through your notifications, and find all the replies made to you since you last logged in, and then decide what you want to do about them. If you decide to reply to them, you can simply click on their comment, and it takes you to the exact place in that particular thread for that particular video. With Rumble, there is no in-platform notification that I can find anywhere. Yesterday, for example, I made a comment on Dan Bongino's latest video. I wake up today to an email, informing me that someone has responded to my comment. (Again, I don't want my email inbox cluttered with notifications of every reply someone might make to one of my comments on a social media platform). So I ignored the notification, and went right on Rumble, expecting to see some sort of notification symbol on the home page ... but nothing. I wanted to replay to the comment, however, so then I went back to the notification email and clicked on the supposed link, but it just took me to the main page for that video, and not to the place in the comments section where I had made a comment and someone replied to me. The general rule is that Reply to a Reply. Instead I am just dumped at the top of all the comments, and there are 664 of them. So what? I'm supposed to now go digging through all 664 comments until I find the one I made, all so I can reply to the other user's reply? No likely.

So you want this to be a viewing community like YouTube has been, and can sometimes still be, then you really need to improve your chat functionality. Currently, it sucks.

Thanks

brenmichelle

I came here like many from the Dan Bongino show. I would really like to make Rumble my #1 video viewer, but I find that there is very poor chat functionality. Here are some concerns.

1. There has to be a better way of notifying a user has received a reply to his comment then sending that user an email!! Think about it. I have made upwards of 30 or 40 comments a day on YouTube,now imagine if I get an EMAIL for every reply to every single one of those comments. So clearly, email notification on Rumble is a dumb idea, and I deactivated it asap.

2. So I deactivated the reply notification, and then noticed that nowhere on Rumble does it tell me that I have replies, that I can quickly click on and go to the appropriate place in the thread. Or if it is there, it is so well hidden that a daily computer user for the past 20 years can't easily find it. If it has to be hunted for, then it is a totally useless function. Again, YouTube has notifications under the Bell Symbol on the homepage. You can scroll all through your notifications, and find all the replies made to you since you last logged in, and then decide what you want to do about them. If you decide to reply to them, you can simply click on their comment, and it takes you to the exact place in that particular thread for that particular video. With Rumble, there is no in-platform notification that I can find anywhere. Yesterday, for example, I made a comment on Dan Bongino's latest video. I wake up today to an email, informing me that someone has responded to my comment. (Again, I don't want my email inbox cluttered with notifications of every reply someone might make to one of my comments on a social media platform). So I ignored the notification, and went right on Rumble, expecting to see some sort of notification symbol on the home page ... but nothing. I wanted to replay to the comment, however, so then I went back to the notification email and clicked on the supposed link, but it just took me to the main page for that video, and not to the place in the comments section where I had made a comment and someone replied to me. The general rule is that Reply to a Reply. Instead I am just dumped at the top of all the comments, and there are 664 of them. So what? I'm supposed to now go digging through all 664 comments until I find the one I made, all so I can reply to the other user's reply? No likely.

So you want this to be a viewing community like YouTube has been, and can sometimes still be, then you really need to improve your chat functionality. Currently, it sucks.

Thanks
Hi! I use my phone, but there is notifications within the page. I sure it would be the same on a computer. I’ll take a screenshot...

Venge77

Ok, I clicked on both those links. Nowhere do I see a specific notification that someone has responded to a comment you made. Maybe you are misunderstanding what I meant.

YouTube has a Notification "bell" shaped symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen.

If I click on that bell-shaped symbol I see all my notifications, whether it is for liked comments I made, new postings to my subscriptions, or replies to comments that I have made about other videos. So I click on the bell icon, and see something like this .....

All of my notifications handily in one place. So if I want to reply to the leftie "princeoftidds" comment (which I did! lol), I simply had to click on his comment, and it took me to the EXACT place in the video comments section of that particular video, where I had posted my comment, and where any other discussion took place in response to it. Very handy. There is a reason that YouTube is so popular, and one of the reasons is that they have the most user friendly video hosting website for interacting with others who have viewed the video. This is what I have so far found completely lacking on Rumble, but which I'm assuming could be fixed rather easily with an update. It would just take a little bit of work to improve chat functionality.

As I said, I have made upwards of 40 comments on YouTube in a day, and often gotten dozens of replies to those comments. I certainly don't want an EMAIL for every social media reply made to me. I keep my email free for actual email purposes. YouTube also has an option to send notifications by email, but I disabled it there as well. But Youtube has that notification symbol, with all notifications conveniently to be found in one place, all under one icon. Rumble has nothing. And when I clicked on the email, it just took me to the start of the video in question, not to my comment itself. So I had to dig through 664 comments until I found mine, and the reply made to it. Not something that I am ever going to do again.

brenmichelle

Ok, I clicked on both those links. Nowhere do I see a specific notification that someone has responded to a comment you made. Maybe you are misunderstanding what I meant.

YouTube has a Notification "bell" shaped symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen.

If I click on that bell-shaped symbol I see all my notifications, whether it is for liked comments I made, new postings to my subscriptions, or replies to comments that I have made about other videos. So I click on the bell icon, and see something like this .....

All of my notifications handily in one place. So if I want to reply to the leftie "princeoftidds" comment (which I did! lol), I simply had to click on his comment, and it took me to the EXACT place in the video comments section of that particular video, where I had posted my comment, and where any other discussion took place in response to it. Very handy. There is a reason that YouTube is so popular, and one of the reasons is that they have the most user friendly video hosting website for interacting with others who have viewed the video. This is what I have so far found completely lacking on Rumble, but which I'm assuming could be fixed rather easily with an update. It would just take a little bit of work to improve chat functionality.

As I said, I have made upwards of 40 comments on YouTube in a day, and often gotten dozens of replies to those comments. I certainly don't want an EMAIL for every social media reply made to me. I keep my email free for actual email purposes. YouTube also has an option to send notifications by email, but I disabled it there as well. But Youtube has that notification symbol, with all notifications conveniently to be found in one place, all under one icon. Rumble has nothing. And when I clicked on the email, it just took me to the start of the video in question, not to my comment itself. So I had to dig through 664 comments until I found mine, and the reply made to it. Not something that I am ever going to do again.
Once you click you should see notifications like this
81FA20EF-0186-4FC6-80D9-71A232CCAC69.jpeg

Robhank75

Hi! I use my phone, but there is notifications within the page. I sure it would be the same on a computer. I’ll take a screenshot...

Thanks
I have to agree it's really confusing. I tried to post or start conversations but It won't let me. Can't figure out what I'm doing or saying wrong 😐

BenW

Trustworthy Member

Thanks
I have to agree it's really confusing. I tried to post or start conversations but It won't let me. Can't figure out what I'm doing or saying wrong 😐
It is all new to you, so you will need some time to understand Rumble and find all the possibilities. It is not based on YouTube (a second YouTube) with the same features. When you came for the first time on YouTube you needed some time too to figure it all out.
Maybe this videos explains it a bit:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwnU2WAitk

Venge77

Right. So do you see this at the top of your page?View attachment 1126View attachment 1127
That page you linked to me is the Community Forum, not the Rumble Home Page. If you comment on a Video, it doesn't show up in the Community Forum, it shows up right under the Video, just the same as it does on YouTube. If someone responds to your comment that you made of the Video, there is no notification (other than email notification) that you have received that feedback to your comment. I don't want email notifications, my email is busy enough as it is without getting website notifications, but even when I clicked on the one email notification I received (before I turned off that feature), it did not take me to my comment, it just took me to the top of the Comments section under the video. To find my comment, and the response I got to it, in order that I could make a reply, I had to dig through 644 previous user comments.

I hope this makes sense to you, because I do appreciate the fact that you are trying to be helpful. I really want Rumble to work well, and be a viable option to YouTube.

So again, just to be clear, I am not talking about the Rumble Community Forum, but to the main video section of the website.

Thanks again for your response.

Venge77

It is all new to you, so you will need some time to understand Rumble and find all the possibilities. It is not based on YouTube (a second YouTube) with the same features. When you came for the first time on YouTube you needed some time too to figure it all out.
Maybe this videos explains it a bit:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwnU2WAitk
Thanks for the video, I'll check it out.

I've been online since the early 90's though, so I'm usually pretty savvy when it comes to using websites. If a website is so counter-intuitive that you need a tutorial video to be able to use it correctly, then that usually means that the website needs work. The nice thing about YouTube is that it is very slick, and very easy to use. My computer illiterate 90 year old aunt can chat up a storm on YouTube without any problems. So if I am finding Rumble a challenge, then a lot of less computer savvy people are going to be completely lost.

Again, as I said earlier, I really want to like Rumble, and wish it all the best. I'd love if this could become the go-to website for viewing videos. The functionality of the Video comments section really does need some work though.