I only want to upload videos "without monetizing", Which licensing option do I Choose?

Leviathan72

Most of the videos I'll be uploading will be News clips, etc. So far I've been using the "Rumble Only" option, I avoided the "Personel Use" option because it says "Not Searchable" I'm not sure what that means, does it mean that my videos won't show up in the search? if it does that's no good for me as I need my videos to show up in search results.
Because I'm uploading News shows, I need the videos to be listed on the main feed as fast as possible, but at the moment most of my videos are still pending days later. This is no good for me, who wants to watch yesterday's news, right? Nobody does. So which is the fastest licensing option "without monetizing"? Thank You.

TXFederalist

In another thread others wrote you can't upload news clips, only original videos made by you. Apparently there is no fair use exemption on this site. So, if you did upload a news clip, you'd then get a copyright strike and soon find yourself banned. I am still search for any coherent explanation of the setup. The more I read, the more discouraged I am this site will be of any use at all.

Leviathan72

In another thread others wrote you can't upload news clips, only original videos made by you. Apparently there is no fair use exemption on this site. So, if you did upload a news clip, you'd then get a copyright strike and soon find yourself banned. I am still search for any coherent explanation of the setup. The more I read, the more discouraged I am this site will be of any use at all.
Even though most of my uploads fail with the irritating (err 12) I've managed to successfully upload a few news clips, and after pending they have the "Ads Free" next to the title. Some are stuck in pending. So, I'm guessing news clips must be allowed to some degree. Do you know if the Personal Use option allows videos to show up in search results? Thanks for your help.

TXFederalist

No idea. I can't even get it to create a channel. I hope they succeed. I'd like to use this service, but I might try LBRY, DailyMotion, or DTube. It sounds like if you ever uploaded a video to YT, you can't then upload it here, even if YT killed your channel. My videos are mostly mash-ups, clips put together to highlight hypocrisy or mendacity. The juxtaposition is creative, 90-100% is not copyright protected. If I have a 1 min clip from a copyright protected movie in a 1.5 minute video, even if I surround it with text or commentary, I can understand that being demonitized, it makes up most of the video, even if it is less than 1% of the movie. Demonitizing a video because of a 3 second clip in a 3 minute video is the opposite extreme. Even YT doesn't do that. If that is the policy, then why would anyone make a compilation or mash-up?

Leviathan72

No idea. I can't even get it to create a channel. I hope they succeed. I'd like to use this service, but I might try LBRY, DailyMotion, or DTube. It sounds like if you ever uploaded a video to YT, you can't then upload it here, even if YT killed your channel. My videos are mostly mash-ups, clips put together to highlight hypocrisy or mendacity. The juxtaposition is creative, 90-100% is not copyright protected. If I have a 1 min clip from a copyright protected movie in a 1.5 minute video, even if I surround it with text or commentary, I can understand that being demonitized, it makes up most of the video, even if it is less than 1% of the movie. Demonitizing a video because of a 3 second clip in a 3 minute video is the opposite extreme. Even YT doesn't do that. If that is the policy, then why would anyone make a compilation or mash-up?
I know, it's crazy, I uploaded a 90 second movie clip and was taken down due to Account Infraction "DMCA Infringement Claim", same as you. I take it you received a free gift of 26 infraction points, which is crazy because you only need 100 and the account is suspended. What if I wanted to do movie reviews or movie trailers? nobody's going to risk their account being closed. If this is how it is, I don't think most people will bother with trying to unsuspend their accounts. For me it's not so much about making money but more about sharing proper news reports because I truly believe we live in a time where 95% of the MSM are peddlers of fake news, if these last 6 months have proved anything at all it's that the media literally is the enemy of the people.
Parler is great if you're not bothered about making money, Ive never had a video taken down from there, and they're mostly full shows of Tucker Carlson etc.

TXFederalist

I can't even get the channel created, but the support guy did email me. I think that will be resolved and I am very tolerant of growing pains.

What I can't abide is a setup where there is no allowance for Fair Use. A week ago, Andrew Klavan used a 5-10 clip from an old movie multiple times in one broadcast. A few days ago, he used a different one ("we don't need no stinkin badges" from Treasure of Sierra Madre), about 15 seconds total. This clearly falls under fair use, but under these rules I think it would be blocked.

On YT, my first video had a copyright strike for a 10 second piece of music (not by me, it was a ChiCom propaganda video I was putting to crazy music, apparently the ChiComs can violate DMCA at will). YT noticed a copyright claim, but the video was not taken down, just automatically monetized for the owner of the music. I swapped out the music, no problems, no permanent strike. I had a piece with some short clips from a Law & Order episode, but I heavily modified the video with a static filter. I faced a copyright claim from NBC, but I appealed. I ended up stripping out the clips, but it never adversely affected my account. Two other copyright claims (where I used music covers by others) I appealed and they released the claims.

The point system Rumble has is better than hard strikes, but the total lack of fair use exemptions and ability to file appeals claims is too much. That won't work for me at all.

Thanks for sharing your experience. The more I hear, the more it sounds like I need a different home.