How well does a limited distribution video have to do before it gets upgraded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ab2rown

I heard that sometimes videos approved for only limited distribution get upgraded if they have a decent performance. One of my LD vids made like pulled a few thousand views on rumble this weekend and made over $10.. Also noticed it has like 7% virality. Just wondering if theres a chance it can get upgraded to an exclusive license?

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Hi guys,

I'm going to clarify this question since it seems there's a bit of misinformation going on with it.

The type of license you chose has no influence on the level of distribution your video receives, those are two separate things. When you select a license, you're telling us where Rumble is allowed to showcase your video. But it is still up to our discretion to distribute to those platform were you have allowed to us to show your video. For example, if an user selects a full management license, it means that Rumble has the right to publish that video everywhere online as we see fit.

Unfortunately not every video will make it to the front page, or the editor's pick or to our Facebook page for example. But that doesn't mean that we don't have the right or won't do it in the future.

To simplify, full distribution means Rumble will take a proactive approach to getting your video showcased while with limited distribution it means we will still represent your video, but will take a more passive approach to the content, meaning it will be available to all the same partners but they will have to find it in our site rather that have us offer it to them.

We understand every user wants their video seen by as many people as possible an going viral, but unfortunately that isn't possible every time. But that doesn't mean that it can't happen at a later date.

Do you still represent our video onyoutube? Like putting ads on my video on my personal channel? Theres some articles being written about my video using my personal channel and im worried i wont see profit because theres no ads.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Hi @Ab2rown,

Correct, once we claim your video on YouTube we start monetizing it, so if your video in your channel is being used, and we've claimed it, then you will see revenue coming from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.