How do I watch Dan Bongino or anything else for that matter on my TV with rumble?

DanCo

I searched for this question but could not find an answer. I do not want to watch ANYTHING longer than 30 seconds on my phone. It is small and I can't hear it well. But if I find something on my phone or PC on Utube there is an option to send it to my TV. I love that! Now I can sit down and watch and hear a show on a 55 inch TV. My sweet spot. I can not find a way to watch anything from rumble on anything else but my PC and I don't want to do that.

oldrock

You need something to bridge the gap such as a computer or an android set top device that you can install the apk file on to run the app and interface to your tv. I know you said you didn't want to use a PC, but that is the easiest way to do it. I have an old laptop connected to my 75" Sony with an HDMI cable and it doesn't get any easier than that. I use a wireless mini keyboard/mouse combo to control it from my chair. I don't have cable, so I use the laptop to watch everything and use it as a cable replacement to stream whatever I want. It's like having a smart tv on steroids.

Vpagano

I searched for this question but could not find an answer. I do not want to watch ANYTHING longer than 30 seconds on my phone. It is small and I can't hear it well. But if I find something on my phone or PC on Utube there is an option to send it to my TV. I love that! Now I can sit down and watch and hear a show on a 55 inch TV. My sweet spot. I can not find a way to watch anything from rumble on anything else but my PC and I don't want to do that.
Try going to the magnifying glass at top right corner and put name in search. Once you get the video you can still stream it to your TV

DanCo

You need something to bridge the gap such as a computer or an android set top device that you can install the apk file on to run the app and interface to your tv. I know you said you didn't want to use a PC, but that is the easiest way to do it. I have an old laptop connected to my 75" Sony with an HDMI cable and it doesn't get any easier than that. I use a wireless mini keyboard/mouse combo to control it from my chair. I don't have cable, so I use the laptop to watch everything and use it as a cable replacement to stream whatever I want. It's like having a smart tv on steroids.
Yes that is what I want to do but don't see how to do so. I have a PC with a router that sends Utube videos to my TV. Also have a Utube app on my Dish Network box that I can look things up on from my remote control that way. I don't know what an apk file is. Seems like the older I get the harder it gets to understand technology. So either I need an app on my Dish Network box to browse rumble videos or a button on the player where I watch rumble videos on my PC that can send it to my TV.
I saw an app here somewhere for phones to upload videos but not for a PC. Or are they the same? I'm confused as usual with this stuff.

oldrock

Yes that is what I want to do but don't see how to do so. I have a PC with a router that sends Utube videos to my TV. Also have a Utube app on my Dish Network box that I can look things up on from my remote control that way. I don't know what an apk file is. Seems like the older I get the harder it gets to understand technology. So either I need an app on my Dish Network box to browse rumble videos or a button on the player where I watch rumble videos on my PC that can send it to my TV.
I saw an app here somewhere for phones to upload videos but not for a PC. Or are they the same? I'm confused as usual with this stuff.
There is no apk file or app used or needed on a PC which is why that is the easiest way. If you wanted to go that route, you get the apk here:

I have no idea if you can load an apk file to your Dish receiver. Contact Dish support for that. I had dish years ago and that option was not available then. There is also casting from your phone which is what msuchinski is talking about above. I still say it is easier to connect a laptop. If you go down the apk route I have no experience with the Rumble apk file because I use my phone to talk on rather than browsing anything on the web. I don't even have a data plan on my phone.

There are tons of android set top boxes on the market mostly used to load Kodi on that would probably work, but I have not tried and would have to test it. I will not attempt to take you down that rabbit hole.

Connect a laptop and be watching in the time it takes to boot it up and connecting the browser to Rumble.com and you are done. You could possibly even put a multi display graphics card in your existing PC (depending on your PC) and connect your tv to one of those ports on the card via HDMI, but this is another rabbit hole for you if you are not tech savvy and it would cost as much or more than a laptop solution. Wish I could help more...

Ronin1968

I don't know what it is called, but I have a thing that plugs in to the side of my laptop, and lets me connect to the tv. It's extremely easy, which is the only reason I am able to hook it up successfully. Us older folks aren't much use with this fancy tech stuff, so it has to be simple.

TheRightSide

You can use a $25 Chromcast. It's what I do.

HDMI? Doesn't just about every TV take HDMI now? And doesn't just about every computer output to HDMI? If not maybe you need to upgrade.

DanCo

HDMI? Doesn't just about every TV take HDMI now? And doesn't just about every computer output to HDMI? If not maybe you need to upgrade.
First I want to say thank you to everyone who has given their input to my question. But to this one I have an HDMI cord directly from my PC to my smart TV yet I can't get a signal to it for some reason. Also have an old cord I used to use with my old PC that worked fine I tried that does not work. It seems to not work like the old days of connecting cords of whatever type to something. Frustrating to say the least. As far as all the other options people have gave I am even more confused than I was before. I guess I am officially old. Things sticking out of laptops which I don't have...Numerous mentions of laptops which I don't have and have no idea what the difference would be between them and a PC. I'll just keep watching Dan Bongino and my snowmobiling/ Polaris RZR videos with the Tube that must not be named that I can find on my PC or be given a link for and click the button that sends it to my big screen TV for now. I'm sure this rumble thing will come around at some point since the other place is so biased against anyone who does not agree with their liberal point of view. I have high hopes for this at some point but just not right now I guess.

TheRightSide

First I want to say thank you to everyone who has given their input to my question. But to this one I have an HDMI cord directly from my PC to my smart TV yet I can't get a signal to it for some reason. Also have an old cord I used to use with my old PC that worked fine I tried that does not work. It seems to not work like the old days of connecting cords of whatever type to something. Frustrating to say the least. As far as all the other options people have gave I am even more confused than I was before. I guess I am officially old. Things sticking out of laptops which I don't have...Numerous mentions of laptops which I don't have and have no idea what the difference would be between them and a PC. I'll just keep watching Dan Bongino and my snowmobiling/ Polaris RZR videos with the Tube that must not be named that I can find on my PC or be given a link for and click the button that sends it to my big screen TV for now. I'm sure this rumble thing will come around at some point since the other place is so biased against anyone who does not agree with their liberal point of view. I have high hopes for this at some point but just not right now I guess.
This is what I use. It's a piece of cake.

DanCo

Thank you I will look into it. Is it hard to install and get to work? I know you said piece of cake but that is never my experience with this stuff

TheRightSide

Thank you I will look into it. Is it hard to install and get to work? I know you said piece of cake but that is never my experience with this stuff
No, it's really easy. Just plug into TV, install Google Home app, launch and it will automatically detect the Chromecast. You connect the Chromecast to your wifi through the Google Home app. The in the Rumble app on your phone or tablet you just click the cast icon like you do with YT and you're off to the races. After I quite Apple 2 years ago (and the Apple TV), I switched to Chromecast for casting.

If you use an Ipad/iPhone, you can still cast to it but it requires an extra app called Replica. If you use an Android device you're in business.

Last edited:

DanCo

No, it's really easy. Just plug into TV, install Google Home app, launch and it will automatically detect the Chromecast. You connect the Chromecast to your wifi through the Google Home app. The in the Rumble app on your phone or tablet you just click the cast icon like you do with YT and you're off to the races. After I quite Apple 2 years ago (and the Apple TV), I switched to Chromecast for casting.
Holy Crap! You said it was easy! I have no idea what a Google Home app is to start. I have a phone with Google and it uses Chrome. Is that an app? I never asked for it. I want to get away from Google actually because they just suck. I tried to Google todays Dan Bongino show to get the link to send to 2 guys at work to hear Joe Biden make a complete fool of himself and it was just pathetic. I refined my search 4 times yet today's show would not come up. Had to go to my email and get my daily email from Dan and click on it to get there. Google is so corrupt it is not funny. I remember over 5 years ago I got my first so called Smart Phone. I typed in Google one night at work in my truck..Sean Hannity's website. I thought that was pretty specific yet if was like 6 rows down after 5 anti Hannity websites. I knew then they were not a credible place. Sorry got off track there. ....Oh well

Frank_Moses

Rumble, it seems, has worked on phone tech and computer tech, but they're still behind on development of the TV streaming app. It would certainly be beneficial for them to sort that out, but they're not quite there yet. I'm testing on Roku daily, but it's still garbage. Patience is a virtue.

oldrock

DanCo you need to find someone local you trust that can come by your house and help you get setup. I think if you gave them this info in this thread they could help you if they have more computer experience. You don't like change. I get it, but you must know someone that knows someone that knows more about computers than you do. Reach out to a friend.

DanCo

DanCo you need to find someone local you trust that can come by your house and help you get setup. I think if you gave them this info in this thread they could help you if they have more computer experience. You don't like change. I get it, but you must know someone that knows someone that knows more about computers than you do. Reach out to a friend.
I often wish there was someone I could ask to come over and show me things but of all the people I know I actually know more than they do. In fact a friend is coming here in an hour or so for me to do something for him for work that sounds very simple to do online. He could do it on his phone but he just can't seem to grasp technology at all. I used to be much better at computer stuff than I am now. I blame it on age. I can see myself now like I used to see my parents. I bought my parents a VCR for Xmas back when they were a new thing. My Mom was so stressed out learning how to use it I remember and it took me weeks of going over what to do until she finally got it. My Dad called CD's tapes until the day he died. I must have told him 50 times that they were called CD's but they were still tapes to him. LOL
As far as not liking change, I don't mind change, I just don't like the increasingly more difficult (for me anyway) things you have to do to get to the change.
I'll look into that Chromecast thing and see if that will work on my PC.

TWHays

My computer has an HDMI out put. Just plug it into my TV. I sit in an easy chair with a cordless mouse and keyboard.