Has anyone noticed their promoted videos are going on Rumble YouTube, not Rumble VIRAL YouTube?

DavidMcNab

I've had a few videos accepted for front page promotion in the past few days, yet they appear only on Rumble YouTube, not Rumble Viral YouTube.
As we all know, this means that there is a lot less exposure due to a much lower number of subscribers.
I've never seen this before and I wondered if there had been a change. It's possible this has been the practice for a long time and I've just been lucky, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this too.
@Mario can you please let us know if this is a change in practice?
Thank you.

sloggervlogger

I've had a few videos accepted for front page promotion in the past few days, yet they appear only on Rumble YouTube, not Rumble Viral YouTube.
As we all know, this means that there is a lot less exposure due to a much lower number of subscribers.
I've never seen this before and I wondered if there had been a change. It's possible this has been the practice for a long time and I've just been lucky, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this too.
@Mario can you please let us know if this is a change in practice?
Thank you.
Maybe it's because of the holidays. I haven't uploaded any videos for that reason, as I thought this might happen. I'm holding off until next week. I hope it's not a regular thing as I haven't noticed it before.

winkeldinkel

Yes mine just went to the secondary rumble.com YouTube page as well. Also, for the last 3 videos that did go to rumble viral youtube I received no email notification. I also never got any email with the link asking if I wanted to accept limited distribution. Maybe @Mario can clarify.

Oh, nvm I just found it...yeah, I have a few of mine that have went there too in the last two days instead of the main rumble.

Seems like it might be a mistake because that acct looks like it was kinda inactive. It would be cool if that acct got built up with subscribers. Maybe a Place some of the limited vids could go to. Idk

Yes rumble has two YouTube accounts. That one has about 25,000 subscribers as opposed to. The rumbleviral YouTube page which has over 866,000 subscribers. That's the one you want to be on. Usually all promoted videos are placed there and you will usually be placed on MSN, aol , yahoo etc. they are the 3rd party sites.
thanks for this info i didn't notice it before

winkeldinkel

On a non rumble channel?
It appears that some of us who thought we got full promotion had our videos uploaded to your rumble.com YouTube page with the 25,000 subs as opposed to rumble viral youtube. I believe that is where the limited distribution videos go if we accept that . Usually if your video title gets changed and categorized you will be on the rumble viral youtube. Unless I am mistaken...

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
It appears that some of us who thought we got full promotion had our videos uploaded to your rumble.com YouTube page with the 25,000 subs as opposed to rumble viral youtube. I believe that is where the limited distribution videos go if we accept that . Usually if your video title gets changed and categorized you will be on the rumble viral youtube. Unless I am mistaken...
Exclusive videos accepted for limited distribution usually go to the rumble.com YT channel, and exclusive videos accepted for full distribution usually go to the Rumble Viral channel.

And I say usually because it's still a matter of selection by our editorial team, they ultimately have the final say on how the video is distributed since they know better than anyone else how to promote content.

Normally when a video is chosen for full distribution is because they believe it has the most potential to get views compared to other videos. They may chose a strategy that includes the highest reach views-wise like posting on every platform, or a different strategy.

In the end our main goal is to get the most money for our creators, whatever avenue our editorial takes, we trust it fits their strategy.

winkeldinkel

Exclusive videos accepted for limited distribution usually go to the rumble.com YT channel, and exclusive videos accepted for full distribution usually go to the Rumble Viral channel.

And I say usually because it's still a matter of selection by our editorial team, they ultimately have the final say on how the video is distributed since they know better than anyone else how to promote content.

Normally when a video is chosen for full distribution is because they believe it has the most potential to get views compared to other videos. They may chose a strategy that includes the highest reach views-wise like posting on every platform, or a different strategy.

In the end our main goal is to get the most money for our creators, whatever avenue our editorial takes, we trust it fits their strategy.
But do we no longer get to make a choice about accepting limited distribution? We used to get an email with a link where we could accept or decline. Also, the videos that have been promoted recently, I never received that notification either. I only receive the daily rumble newsletter and a few notifications from this forum.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
But do we no longer get to make a choice about accepting limited distribution? We used to get an email with a link where we could accept or decline. Also, the videos that have been promoted recently, I never received that notification either. I only receive the daily rumble newsletter and a few notifications from this forum.
You should still be receiving these emails, especially the limited distribution emails since we need your approval before the video goes live.

We were notified about this issue earlier and we're investigating why some users aren't getting those emails as we speak.

winkeldinkel

You should still be receiving these emails, especially the limited distribution emails since we need your approval before the video goes live.

We were notified about this issue earlier and we're investigating why some users aren't getting those emails as we speak.
That's good because I check my email carefully including spam box and I am no longer receiving these notifications, nor did I accept limited distribution on my most recent upload so I'm confused. Thanks for investigating.

Tripwire

Well I have had video accepted but not put on the front page, when I questioned this, rumble staff told me that being accepted and put on the front page aren't always correlated ??? This really annoyed me to be truthful because I got a email stating that they had accepted it for full distribution and would be on the front page, but it was not. I complained about this and they stuck a different video on the front page instead, I felt let down by rumble for the first time, If I send in a video ,and it gets limited, I have a choice if I should accept it or not in this case I had no choice the accepted my video,I got no promotion so no views from rumble (well hardly any) but it did get sent to third parties!!, A fat lot of good that is to me 0.005 cents per million lol, So I lost out big time on this video now stands at 33 million views and counting ......... Hey you win some you lose some hahhahah

Last edited:

DavidMcNab

I'm feeling very grateful at the moment due to the YouTube update today. I had a big earner with an ECPM of $1.56 on the Rumble Viral YouTube channel. So most importantly, thank you Rumble and staff!
But seeing a few videos miss the Viral YT promotion has me a little worried because that's been the biggest earnings for me lately. Earnings in other areas have been down since April or May. The YouTube earnings were making up for those.
I hope this is temporary. I was actually hoping it was an error and we would all be hearing that the videos would be appearing on YT viral now that it was discovered.
I'm certainly not complaining, and I trust the good folks at Rumble know what they are doing. I just hope that we can see the benefit of Rumble's growing YouTube viral channel. It will hit 1M subscribers this year and the promtion of that coverage is bigger than ever.

I too noticed this quite a while ago. A fully approved video, which one of course I do not remember exactly now, did not end up on rumble viral. I did question Mario as to why and I was told " I don't know why the editors would not have put it on the viral channel". That was the end of it. It would be nice if this can be sorted out as I am sure others like me, do make submissions, and quite a few at times, and always want the most plays as possible. That is another thing I am noticing, I am getting more views than plays, which I believe views do not account for making cash. The plays are what we need, but I see with long advertisements that give the option to "skip" may be costing us income. :-( Maybe @Mario could confirm I am correct or incorrect with what I say about the views and plays and adverts. Thanks

Tripwire

I am not complaining either, I am letting you all know that this can and does happen. when I first discovered that this was normal practise and that rumble can do this, I complained at the time. Obviously I was very disappointed, as you all are now. If you get a email stating congratulations you have been accepted for full promotion and it will feature on our front page, then you think it will..........and it doesn't ? Since then time has passed and I am now more informed of how things work. I can decide which video's to upload and so on ...... See to me, personally I feel this is wrong. You upload a video hoping to get full promotion, you get full promotion .....but it does not get promoted because it does not get put on the viral page, hence not really getting promoted, so effectively you get limited really and don't get to choose if you actually want to accept limited or not , apart from third parties of course, like I said before. Oh and the views and plays thing there is a MASSIVE difference on all videos on all days, on mine too .