Free Music for Background.

I remember the last few times I used music from the YouTube creator studio, and many of the songs weren't (it did say next to them, though, or you could filter for it)... I don't know what it's like nowadays...
I have never had an issue so far as all ,except those that say to put certain artist info etc into a description, with having the music in a video. They all say" free to use in your video"

nademedeiros

I have never had an issue so far as all ,except those that say to put certain artist info etc into a description, with having the music in a video. They all say" free to use in your video"
Well, I haven't used it since 2017, so I really don't know what it's like now... I remember a while back they were all free to use, but then it changed and it only said that a few could be used for monetization... so, it complicated things a little and I stopped using it... plus, I don't particularly like the ones on YouTube... at least the ones from back then...

Yah YT leads you to think it's okay to use some popular music (as they put up ads for the artist, links etc) but not to monetize it. That makes me nervous. Because they way they word it .. it's vague and I'm left with, well can I or can I not use it (without monetization of course)?! And what if an artist changes their mind in the future? And one of my videos has his song on it. Can the artist then get you for copyright infringement and YT can do nothing to help?

ray1876

Yah YT leads you to think it's okay to use some popular music (as they put up ads for the artist, links etc) but not to monetize it. That makes me nervous. Because they way they word it .. it's vague and I'm left with, well can I or can I not use it (without monetization of course)?! And what if an artist changes their mind in the future? And one of my videos has his song on it. Can the artist then get you for copyright infringement and YT can do nothing to help?

I have found that YouTube Community Guidelines can be vague and left to interpretation which doesn't help when your channel is suspended "due to severe violations". I know of someone who had this happened to him. You won't get specifics either when you ask for the reason why. I once read a post from a confirmed Youtube employee that said, "They won't give you specific examples because that can tell people how to edge the rules without breaking them" So when it comes to using Youtube music on videos outside of Youtube, I won't take the chance.