Estimated earnings

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Hi everyone,

The reason estimates earnings are not a final number is because we need to verify many factors that go into account towards your earnings, the most important but definitely not only one is invalid traffic adjustments.

If you see your estimated earnings drop it mostly likely means there's been an adjustment done to your views because of bad traffic. This isn't money we're taking from you, is simply taken back by the advertisers because no one actually saw the video/ad played in this instance.

Earnings verification is a process that's constantly ongoing and it makes sure that everyone is being paid fairly.

Significantly high adjustments aren't as common but they do happen.

For more about Invalid traffic adjustments you can read our other post:
https://community.rumble.com/discussion/6069/invalid-traffic-adjustment/p1

Thanks for getting back to us, I do feel that it's the wrong way around to go about things tho, to make people think that they are going to get hundreds of £s more than they actually are going to get, I think rumble should under estimate rather than over

Damn it. So sad. Almost 2000 dollars disappeared for me. I mean I totally get what you are saying. The money was never there. Oh well. Thanks for getting back to us. I shouldve checked here because I already sent an email to poor Mario.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Hi @RebeccaStout,

No worries, this process should be done more often to avoid this specific scenario.

The problem lies with the fact that views and earnings are reported immediately but adjustments come way after, so in Rumble and YouTube you can see your earnings within a few days max, while this reports are usually monthly. Add on top of that Two months worth of adjustments and it looks worse than if it had been done on par with the earnings reports.

To be fair, like it was mentioned above, this earnings were never real. The advertisers and publishers will never pay for invalid traffic, but to determine it's invalid they need to prove it with compelling evidence, and that does take much longer than calculating the views/earnings of a video.

Thanks so very much for taking the time to clarify things so well. You answered a couple things I had wondered about. And thats why it seemed like the first time its happened to me. So in the back of my mind I kept thinking how on earth was 2000 dollars deemed invalid over night. I see why now. I'll def be more prepared later.

That's how I understand it. Finalised is just that.
Why I wanted to to clarify was, because @Mario said: 'Two months worth of adjustments'. If it doesn't get done every month, what happens if it got already finalised and there is no money to adjust, are we than in the red? I do believe finalised is just that too, but I just wanted to make doubly sure :)

Yes. It can happen, that after an adjustment, you go into the red. So your next paiment will first get you to 0, and all that's left is yours to keep.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Hello everyone!

This is correct, for example if we receive an adjustment from our ad partners after you've already received your finalized earnings, or even paid you, we may adjust your next earnings to reflect this.

For example if you cash out and are paid $100, but then we find that you should've only been $90, then your earnings will be adjusted to cover that $10 difference until the difference is Zero, then we start paying your account normally afterwards.

99% of the time we are able to make all earnings calculations during the estimated stage, but sometimes it happens that we're forced to do it after for a number of reasons.

Hello everyone!

This is correct, for example if we receive an adjustment from our ad partners after you've already received your finalized earnings, or even paid you, we may adjust your next earnings to reflect this.

For example if you cash out and are paid $100, but then we find that you should've only been $90, then your earnings will be adjusted to cover that $10 difference until the difference is Zero, then we start paying your account normally afterwards.

99% of the time we are able to make all earnings calculations during the estimated stage, but sometimes it happens that we're forced to do it after for a number of reasons.
I'm glad I ask now. Thank you for being transparent. It is quite worrying though. You can deal with it if it's only a few dollars, but if the adjustment goes into thousands, some people will have a hard time getting it back up to zero. It was hard enough loosing the money of the estimate. I know you can't loose money that was never yours in the first place, but it's more the psychological disappointment of seeing the adjustment happening. Hopefully it won't come about and now we know we can prepare for the possibility.