Dropping in at Rumble Head Office

DavidMcNab

I was heading past Toronto today and I planned a little detour to see the good folks at the Rumble HQ. I actually had a motive and a strong desire to make sure they understood how grateful I've been for their help. I started noticing after about four months with Rumble how easy it was to get feedback, tips, answers...all sorts of support. It was extremely quick too, in most cases. This support has been a cornerstone in my success (and luck) with Rumble. I never saw this with YouTube. I don't believe even the big channels get responses to emails.
December was my best month ever. I have had two videos performing really well over the summer. I saw one rocket to over 5M views in the weeks leading up to Christmas. I spend the Rumble earnings on vacations for my family. And I spend part of the vacations trying to capture more videos. If my kids are starring in the videos, they also get a share. You can imagine their excitement about this too. It was extremely fitting that the last earnings update came while we were in the Cayman Islands. I was shocked to see a fantastic ECPM and more of a return than I had expected. We cheered and celebrated, bought a round of drinks at the bar and talked about how one lucky afternoon of footage paid for the entire week of scuba diving over New Year. My kids all know the names of most of the Rumble staff, having heard many times about the support team and the direct contact with creators. More than just earnings, the Rumble revenue has been a gift to my family that I will always be grateful for.

But one of the reasons I mention this is that if I can have a viral video, any of you can. Obviously your chances go up if you upload more consistently. But it can happen to any of us. And it can happen to a video that is 6 months old or more. Chris Pavlovski once told me that viral videos are very often a year old when they get traction. I hope we all get to experience this at least once because it feels like a small lottery win when it happens.
I was braced for a low ECPM and a low payout. Some of my other videos are lower, at least with YouTube views, so I wasn't counting on anything huge. But the ECPM was actually over $1.50. I don't pretend to understand ECPM, but with enough videos uploaded, we should all have the highs as well as the lows.

Something else that I got out of the visit was a chance to speak with Mario, Claudio, Brandon and Chris about some of the topics we've all talked about in the forum. Few of you have the inside view of Rumble that I do. I'm lucky enough to live close to the office so that I can drop in. We raise the questions about our earnings, the views, transparency and contract agreements in the forum. And the discussions are good. But from one creator to the another, I can tell you without hesitation that these people are honest and hard working, and they are definitely striving to get the most out of Rumble for each of us. I heard them talking about trying new strategies, developing new apps, exploring new ways to present videos and new ways to engage content creators. I know we are in good hands, even when we don't understand the decisions.
I think we all understand that the world of media and advertising is mysterious, rapidly changing, and even merciless at times. The bigger agencies have a lot of influence and giants like FaceBook and YouTube are difficult to compete with.
What's always true is that when our earnings suffer, Rumble earnings suffer. We have the same goals and the same rewards, no matter what changes are made.

Another amazing thing is that these people know their creators. They ask me about my family, health, past videos, and other personal things. They understand the friendships and support between creators in the forum. They know a lot of us by name, where we are from, what our videos are, and our motivations for uploading. I have been very impressed with this personal connection between the staff and the community.

2018 has been a year where all media companies have been hit hard. It's a global thing. Views and earnings are harder to get. YouTube has adjusted after being asleep at the helm for years. Some of the benefit we saw in 2017 was because they dropped the ball in a big way.
If we want to be successful, frequent and quality content is the way to do it. Share and promote Rumble links on social media. Tell your friends about Rumble. And engagement in the forum helps us all.
I hope I don't sound like an infomercial, but I get really excited when I see how much Rumble earnings have done for my family, and I know that any of you can do what I do. When you get enough videos on your channel, one of them will always be making you at least a little bit of money.

We are very fortunate to be a part of Rumble and have the support of the staff. To see the actual faces and see them working hard is very reassuring. If you ever get a chance to drop in, it will be a very worthwhile experience. But take some baked goods with you if you want to see the big smiles ;)

Last edited:

PubgMasterGame

I was heading past Toronto today and I planned a little detour to see the good folks at the Rumble HQ. I actually had a motive and a strong desire to make sure they understood how grateful I've been for their help. I started noticing after about four months with Rumble how easy it was to get feedback, tips, answers...all sorts of support. It was extremely quick too, in most cases. This support has been a cornerstone in my success (and luck) with Rumble. I never saw this with YouTube. I don't believe even the big channels get responses to emails.
December was my best month ever. I have had two videos performing really well over the summer. I saw one rocket to over 5M views in the weeks leading up to Christmas. I spend the Rumble earnings on vacations for my family. And I spend part of the vacations trying to capture more videos. If my kids are starring in the videos, they also get a share. You can imagine their excitement about this too. It was extremely fitting that the last earnings update came while we were in the Cayman Islands. I was shocked to see a fantastic ECPM and more of a return than I had expected. We cheered and celebrated, bought a round of drinks at the bar and talked about how one lucky afternoon of footage paid for the entire week of scuba diving over New Year. My kids all know the names of most of the Rumble staff, having heard many times about the support team and the direct contact with creators. More than just earnings, the Rumble revenue has been a gift to my family that I will always be grateful for.

But one of the reasons I mention this is that if I can have a viral video, any of you can. Obviously your chances go up if you upload more consistently. But it can happen to any of us. And it can happen to a video that is 6 months old or more. Chris Pavlovski once told me that viral videos are very often a year old when they get traction. I hope we all get to experience this at least once because it feels like a small lottery win when it happens.
I was braced for a low ECPM and a low payout. Some of my other videos are lower, at least with YouTube views, so I wasn't counting on anything huge. But the ECPM was actually over $1.50. I don't pretend to understand ECPM, but with enough videos uploaded, we should all have the highs as well as the lows.

Something else that I got out of the visit was a chance to speak with Mario, Claudio, Brandon and Chris about some of the topics we've all talked about in the forum. Few of you have the inside view of Rumble that I do. I'm lucky enough to live close to the office so that I can drop in. We raise the questions about our earnings, the views, transparency and contract agreements in the forum. And the discussions are good. But from one creator to the another, I can tell you without hesitation that these people are honest and hard working, and they are definitely striving to get the most out of Rumble for each of us. I heard them talking about trying new strategies, developing new apps, exploring new ways to present videos and new ways to engage content creators. I know we are in good hands, even when we don't understand the decisions.
I think we all understand that the world of media and advertising is mysterious, rapidly changing, and even merciless at times. The bigger agencies have a lot of influence and giants like FaceBook and YouTube are difficult to compete with.
What's always true is that when our earnings suffer, Rumble earnings suffer. We have the same goals and the same rewards, no matter what changes are made.

Another amazing thing is that these people know their creators. They ask me about my family, health, past videos, and other personal things. They understand the friendships and support between creators in the forum. They know a lot of us by name, where we are from, what our videos are, and our motivations for uploading. I have been very impressed with this personal connection between the staff and the community.

2018 has been a year where all media companies have been hit hard. It's a global thing. Views and earnings are harder to get. YouTube has adjusted after being asleep at the helm for years. Some of the benefit we saw in 2017 was because they dropped the ball in a big way.
If we want to be successful, frequent and quality content is the way to do it. Share and promote Rumble links on social media. Tell your friends about Rumble. And engagement in the forum helps us all.
I hope I don't sound like an infomercial, but I get really excited when I see how much Rumble earnings have done for my family, and I know that any of you can do what I do. When you get enough videos on your channel, one of them will always be making you at least a little bit of money.

We are very fortunate to be a part of Rumble and have the support of the staff. To see the actual faces and see them working hard is very reassuring. If you ever get a chance to drop in, it will be a very worthwhile experience. But take some baked goods with you if you want to see the big smiles ;)
amazing article to encourage us for more viral life content
thanks
DavidMcNab

for those words

brenmichelle

I was lucky to meet a lot of the staff at Vidcon in California. I second everything @DavidMcNab said. When I lost my dog they made a special tribute video and sincerely asked me how I was doing. I don’t know how they maintain such positive and helpful attitudes with so much information and data to deal with on a daily basis. They are so unique and I hope they continue to prosper always!!

cdngreenwaterdiver

Great info Dave. Hopefully one day I will get the chance to pop in as well. Always seems the only part of Toronto I see is the airport as we transit from Vancouver to somewhere warm and sunny to our east.

DavidMcNab

I was lucky to meet a lot of the staff at Vidcon in California. I second everything @DavidMcNab said. When I lost my dog they made a special tribute video and sincerely asked me how I was doing. I don’t know how they maintain such positive and helpful attitudes with so much information and data to deal with on a daily basis. They are so unique and I hope they continue to prosper always!!
That's very touching. It doesn't surprise me at all, but very nice.

DiaryOfAPamperedHamster

Yes would love to be even half as successful as Dave is. Need to invest in a really good camera and I will once I'm done paying off my pets medical bills. Lol
A good cam isnt necessary! Just use whatever you have? I mean idk what type of footage you want take...but I never use my dslr for vids, I only use it for photos. I always use just a cell for vids

DavidMcNab

A good cam isnt necessary! Just use whatever you have? I mean idk what type of footage you want take...but I never use my dslr for vids, I only use it for photos. I always use just a cell for vids
I prefer to use GoPro because the footage is sharp and the mounts allow you to put the camera anywhere, but sometimes it's whatever camera you can get recording the fastest. I agree that cell phones are often the best for that.
But whatever you use, having ANY camera at the ready at all times is worth it!