Do our videos here ever get on TV?

RebeccaStout

I was curious. I see a lot of bird videos turn up on TV shows all of the time. I have a pet celebrity, Onni. Onni the baby cockatoo gets millions of plays/views here and tens of millions on YT. So how is that I've never seen a clip of his or been approached by anyone (outside of Americas Got Talent)?

sloggervlogger

Rumble has got TV companies approaching them. I had a few questions from TV and Japanese TV companies via Rumble about my videos , but even though I answered all the question and they seemed quite interested. It actually never went anywhere and I never saw any deal come through, so not sure what has happened. I believe @DavidMcNab has had some good deals. Would be great if that site got pushed more.

DavidMcNab

Rumble has got TV companies approaching them. I had a few questions from TV and Japanese TV companies via Rumble about my videos , but even though I answered all the question and they seemed quite interested. It actually never went anywhere and I never saw any deal come through, so not sure what has happened. I believe @DavidMcNab has had some good deals. Would be great if that site got pushed more.
I've had over 950 videos acceppted in four years. In that time, there have been approximately 8-10 license contracts for commercials, TV and internet shows. I've had a few go through my own YouTube channel (way back) and the rest through Rumble. A few have paid several thousand dollars per clip. Some are a few hundred. All took minimal effort on my part. Rumble seems to have the influence and ability to get us a much better deal than we would get on our own.
Some have seen the video on my facebook page and have reached out. But that goes through Rumble too.
I don't know how a video gets selected, but it could happen to any of us at any time. I believe the agencies looking have specific content in mind when they ask.

RebeccaStout

It's just so interesting to me. I have some successful vids here (and elsewhere) and around 700 vids on YT, I'd say 30 of them having half a mill to 6 mill views on them. As a specific topic... a funny parrot, Onni stands in the very forefront. I can only think of 4 other's who are either more popular or have been around longer on YT. IDK. It's always been such a curious question on my part that I can't get off my mind. Because he's never been on any type of show, I dont care about money. This is all strictly coming from pride on my part I suppose.

DavidMcNab

I’m sure there are criteria companies have in mind when they seek clips. For example somebody doing a commercial about a bank seemed to want clips of people doing unusual and happy things.
Another approach I got on my own channel centred around middle-aged or older people living in adventurous life.
Another was funny interactions between people and animals . One seemed to be desirable because it was about a woman’s ingenuity talk show hosts address that kind of content on their show.
So the clips were not targeted because of popularity. And what would appeal to the Rumble and YouTube audience didn’t correlate with the third-party licensee objectives.
I believe we should still create content for Rumble and YouTube audiences. I would not change what I do to try to land a third-party contract. There just aren’t enough of them to adopt a different approach.
The Internet is completely unpredictable.

brenmichelle

It's just so interesting to me. I have some successful vids here (and elsewhere) and around 700 vids on YT, I'd say 30 of them having half a mill to 6 mill views on them. As a specific topic... a funny parrot, Onni stands in the very forefront. I can only think of 4 other's who are either more popular or have been around longer on YT. IDK. It's always been such a curious question on my part that I can't get off my mind. Because he's never been on any type of show, I dont care about money. This is all strictly coming from pride on my part I suppose.
You might not even know it was on TV. My friend told me she was walking on the treadmill at the gym and saw me on the Good Morning America show.🤣. No one ever informed me about it but I’m sure the payment was put into my earnings.

DavidMcNab

If you see it on a TV station like that and haven't been informed, I'd email support. A friend of mine had that happen and Rumble negotiated him a few hundred dollars. And let's not forget that Rumble also gets a share. So it's worth an email if you find that happening.
When I've had a third party contract, it shows as a clearly marked payout. It isn't lumped in with regular earnings.

As a bonus, I once had to redo a video to remove text, which created a separate version. Although the initial contract itself wasn't huge, the earnings on that separate video for views and other third party use were. I made out extremely well over all.

sloggervlogger

You might not even know it was on TV. My friend told me she was walking on the treadmill at the gym and saw me on the Good Morning America show.🤣. No one ever informed me about it but I’m sure the payment was put into my earnings.
Yep certainly check on that! Rumble can't keep track of all our videos out there. Lots of Companies like to just take videos! So if someone saw your video on TV and you haven't been paid, inform Rumble like David said!

brenmichelle

There was a period of time where I had a number of videos on GMA and the GMA Australia. It’s been years now but I’m sure it’s somewhere in my old transactions. Too old to try to figure out now. It was fun to see though. I think Rumble works fairly directly with GMA though so I’m sure it was legit.