Dang it. Super success on a video on YT, but didn't take off here.

RebeccaStout

My vid is about to cross a million on my YT channel. Rumble was so kind as to accept full distribution and put it on front page (I think it was on front page, it was def in Editors picks). But it barely got over 3000 views. Almost all my videos here reflected what they did on my YT site. Can't imagine a viral video on YT doing badly here. ::throwing up hands:: Fluky, flaky business this video business is.

https://rumble.com/v7684l-this-cockatoo-wont-go-to-bed.html

I find almost all videos that do well on one platform don't do well on the other. It's rare for me to get success on both. Same with Third party. They just don't line up often. Different audiences, tastes, and then randomness plays into it all too. Crazy business indeed.
Ahah, heeah its true)

cdngreenwaterdiver

Oh crap. If so that explains a lot. What is the specific diff between views and plays btw?
Morning. As I asked Mario the same question, here is his response. I too have seen many views with little plays.
"A View is counted when your video appears on the page of a website outside of Rumble, but unless the user clicks on your video to play it, the monetized ad doesn't play either.(The user has not engaged the video, and has not watched the ad associated with it.)
A Click or Play is what we want; this means the user has watched the video and the associated ads. This translates into revenue if the video play has been monetized."
Hope this makes a little more sense now.

Diamondlaker

Morning. As I asked Mario the same question, here is his response. I too have seen many views with little plays.
"A View is counted when your video appears on the page of a website outside of Rumble, but unless the user clicks on your video to play it, the monetized ad doesn't play either.(The user has not engaged the video, and has not watched the ad associated with it.)
A Click or Play is what we want; this means the user has watched the video and the associated ads. This translates into revenue if the video play has been monetized."
Hope this makes a little more sense now.
Good info, tks

cdngreenwaterdiver

One other thing I mentioned in my conversation with Mario was the length of adverts on videos. I am seeing very lengthy adverts on my videos which I believe is the reason people are not hanging on to watch the complete ad and then the video. He stated that it is YT that controls what ads are placed on the videos, based on the viewer, which kind of is not great for us creators.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
One other thing I mentioned in my conversation with Mario was the length of adverts on videos. I am seeing very lengthy adverts on my videos which I believe is the reason people are not hanging on to watch the complete ad and then the video. He stated that it is YT that controls what ads are placed on the videos, based on the viewer, which kind of is not great for us creators.
On the contrary, YouTube and Rumble do their best towards figuring out what ads will perform better on each video, every single time.

You must remember it's in our best interest to get the highest CPM on every view. While as a creator you may want people to watch your video, our intention is that they watch the ad and stick around long enough after. If we have poor ad placement or bad content we would have no business doing what we do, and while it's not a perfect science the ads you are seeing are not the same that everyone else is.

Remember too, you're watching longer and longer ads because you know your own video is coming, the system is seeing you tend to stick around for those longer ads so it keeps serving them to you, very few people ever have the same experience with the same videos because the targeting data is so specialized, so it's a mistake to think what's happening in your particular case is the global experience.

So the contrary of your assumption is what's happening: ads are being targeted to you based on you and your behavior, not everyone else, you're not being improperly bundled. This is great for creators!