Dailymail video platform and previous unauthorized use of Rumble content

DavidMcNab

Approximately two years ago, Dailymail was using Rumble videos on their player, without proper licensing. I understood that there was some sort of legal action or negotiation for settlement in the works. I believe that there were several content creators who would be affected by this.
Has anything come of that yet? I know these things can take years, but I wonder if there has been any progress.
@Mario
@chrisrumble

winkeldinkel

Thanks. I've been looking at the links you've provided. Any word on the reason for the dismissal? I can't find that in all of the material.
I read the attached pdf with the article and that was basically rumbles legal case against the daily mail but there is nothing in there talking about the resolution of the case. Can't tell if there was a settlement or the judge simply threw the case out. That does happen. My friend had a pretty good case against Sony and it was making good process--he had high powered lawyers representing him till suddenly another female judge in New York got involved and then threw the whole case out. $70,000 in legal fees for nothing...That's life...it sucks sometimes...

sloggervlogger

I read the attached pdf with the article and that was basically rumbles legal case against the daily mail but there is nothing in there talking about the resolution of the case. Can't tell if there was a settlement or the judge simply threw the case out. That does happen. My friend had a pretty good case against Sony and it was making good process--he had high powered lawyers representing him till suddenly another female judge in New York got involved and then threw the whole case out. $70,000 in legal fees for nothing...That's life...it sucks sometimes...
That's awful. It's not about who is right, it's just about who's got the most money. :(

sloggervlogger

Dailymail pulled a massive number on me a couple of weeks ago. A very slimy move. Its being taken care of. I was in shock at the time when they did what they did... because I thought that since they were established and very well known they were an okay business.
Dailymail is very well known for stealing videos. I have been waiting for them to pay me on two videos now for the last three years and given up hope. They just do what they want. I can't believe they are still at it and think they can get away with it. Good luck @RebeccaStout with your case!

RebeccaStout

Dailymail is very well known for stealing videos. I have been waiting for them to pay me on two videos now for the last three years and given up hope. They just do what they want. I can't believe they are still at it and think they can get away with it. Good luck @RebeccaStout with your case!
Oh that is despicable. I can't believe that. They contacted me to ask to use a video. I told them I cant give them permission because it is licensed out to Rumble and to contact them. Hours later viewers told me it was not just stolen but a huge article, screen shots, etc were put up on their site. The article was insane. According to them there was blood, battering of an innocent animal, an ice age old bird, and a crowd of horrified bystanders during the incident I videoed. Um. A seagull swallowed a baby shark whole. Quick and simple. And my husband, son and I were the only ones there to see it. LMAO!! Horrified? We were fighting over what to do off camera ... let nature take its course and get a fantastic video or save the baby shark and deny the gull his meal he worked so hard for. Husband named it Sharky and wanted to return it to the sea to "grow up". Holy canolies!! (Lmao... gotta see the vid to get the joke).
I hope it was okay to post this.