Creators suggestions fo negative comments

BLLRMD

I'm a bit new to rumble, in fact just went online to share my photos and videos on instagram mid Febuary 2020, so new to a lot. But really wondering how other creators respond or shake off negative comments when material is put on rumble viral or online in general? I'm guessing you cant take it personal. Maybe I'm being to touchy about it. Feel I have to explain a bit. Video in question has to do with one of 2 orphan calves I had last year.. between the worry for his life, lost sleep, vet trips, having to force feed him first week just so he'd live, i guess it's a touchy subject for me. Then seeing a comment i pulled him, keeping him from his mom, rather record basically.. it cut deep for me. So please give me your suggestions on what you do when you know better. Thank you.

DavidMcNab

I look at it differently now. I believe that the trolls will look very hard at a video for whatever they want to see. They try to misunderstand. Then they comment in a critical way. It must somehow be about themselves in most cases.
Comments and debates on YouTube are inevitable. Engagement can also get your video recommended for viewing, so there can be a positive aspect. But responding to them with an explanation can have mixed results. Some are very reluctant to believe anything at all, even logic and truth.
I experimented with one video by responding to a lot of comments and it performs very well, although I don't know how much effect that actually had. Whatever you do, don't give them enough detail to find you on social media. There are some strange people out there ;)

brenmichelle

Oh the negative comments. It’s impossible to make a video that someone won’t find something wrong with. I actually took it as a really important lesson for my kids. There was one video where we got awful comments about me, my 10 year old and they even blasted my 4 year old. We went through all the comments and laughed hysterically. We still laugh at it and call each other these same names as a joke. Learning to truly move on from them and even laugh at the situation has been so important in my mind. I do totally understand though because the comments that have been hardest to let go are the ones that accuse me of not taking care of my pet properly. Those are the most frustrating. After you post a lot, you will see that it’s just par for the course, no one remembers, most people probably disagree with those comments too, if they even read them. The comment section of YouTube is a crazy place.

brenmichelle

So I found the video, it’s so precious. That comment was so ridiculous and exactly what you will find for nearly every video you post. Did you also notice how your video was quickly hijacked for the vegan agenda? Please simply disregard these, or just feel sorry for people who spend any of their life attacking, accusing and judging from a 30 second video.

winkeldinkel

Also , you must keep in mind that a lot of these trolls are just jealous bastards who may have had very little success with their own videos . They are people that have no life and because they are miserable, they want you to be miserable too. YouTube has had to turn off comments on many videos that are of a sensitive nature involving kids for example: children with deformities etc. The trolls can be absolutely vicious...I think it’s best to ignore mean comments because you are engaging them when you respond. That is exactly what they want! As @brenmichelle said, people will find something wrong with the most innocent of videos.

BLLRMD

I look at it differently now. I believe that the trolls will look very hard at a video for whatever they want to see. They try to misunderstand. Then they comment in a critical way. It must somehow be about themselves in most cases.
Comments and debates on YouTube are inevitable. Engagement can also get your video recommended for viewing, so there can be a positive aspect. But responding to them with an explanation can have mixed results. Some are very reluctant to believe anything at all, even logic and truth.
I experimented with one video by responding to a lot of comments and it performs very well, although I don't know how much effect that actually had. Whatever you do, don't give them enough detail to find you on social media. There are some strange people out there ;)
Thank you for responding and thank you for sharing your thoughts. Yes I believe engaging in the conversation with them would probably be a waste of time and more frustrating, and would not end well. I think if I view it from a perspective of it's about them, like you suggested it would aide effectively to let go and move away from what they have said, accused, etc. What you suggested really helped a whole lot, I think just getting it out and getting feedback from others who have experience is very beneficial. Thank you so much.

BLLRMD

Oh the negative comments. It’s impossible to make a video that someone won’t find something wrong with. I actually took it as a really important lesson for my kids. There was one video where we got awful comments about me, my 10 year old and they even blasted my 4 year old. We went through all the comments and laughed hysterically. We still laugh at it and call each other these same names as a joke. Learning to truly move on from them and even laugh at the situation has been so important in my mind. I do totally understand though because the comments that have been hardest to let go are the ones that accuse me of not taking care of my pet properly. Those are the most frustrating. After you post a lot, you will see that it’s just par for the course, no one remembers, most people probably disagree with those comments too, if they even read them. The comment section of YouTube is a crazy place.
Thank you!! That is great and a good idea that you used it and made a positive experience for yourself and kids. Believe for myself it makes it hard to laugh about it at this time. Guess mainly because in March I lost my siberian Mariska to seizure complications and two years before that I lost her brother Tidus. They both had a genetic issue in their brains that caused seizures. Guess it makes it hard because just like with my huskies with Diesel (the bull calf) I fought so hard for him to survive.. mabye it could have a correlation to why the comment hit me so hard. Well believe your absolutely correct!! Just realized through writing this reply the deeper lesson here.. believe the loss of my two sweet furr-babies where I fought hard to keep them healthy plus the experience with what I went through with Diesel.. believe maybe indeed their is a correlation to some deeper feelings that is mine to work out.. and as for the negative comment that's theirs to work out with themselves. You know I almost didnt post my issues in regards to the negative comment.. but now I'm glad I did.. lve learned a lot, and really very very grateful. Thank you 💙

BLLRMD

So I found the video, it’s so precious. That comment was so ridiculous and exactly what you will find for nearly every video you post. Did you also notice how your video was quickly hijacked for the vegan agenda? Please simply disregard these, or just feel sorry for people who spend any of their life attacking, accusing and judging from a 30 second video.
Aww 😊💙 Thank you. I was lucky to be at the right place at the right time to video that adorableness. Sometimes I just sit outside and watch all of them. They are each unique in varied ways. I find it adorable too that cows take turns watching over baby calves, while the others graze. They help each other out kinda like this community forum.. I'm really grateful for it. Believe the suggestion to feel for them is a good suggestion too.. for them to be so hateful, making it into something else because of 30 seconds is really really sad indeed.. that they have to try to ruin something for others... guess they dont much have any kind of life, or not a positive one if they do not try to find something positive but make a negative. Yes believe to disregarding their comments will be easier with all the support and suggestions you all have took time to write. Thank you 💙

BLLRMD

Also , you must keep in mind that a lot of these trolls are just jealous bastards who may have had very little success with their own videos . They are people that have no life and because they are miserable, they want you to be miserable too. YouTube has had to turn off comments on many videos that are of a sensitive nature involving kids for example: children with deformities etc. The trolls can be absolutely vicious...I think it’s best to ignore mean comments because you are engaging them when you respond. That is exactly what they want! As @brenmichelle said, people will find something wrong with the most innocent of videos.
Thank you.. you had me laughing outloud with your first sentence 😂 Well first time I've actually laughed about it. Really sad that they have had to turn off comments to some videos.. very sad.. I'm 49 the world has changed so much especially with the use of the internet. Sad too that some cause negative outcomes when this world indeed needs to view some positive to lift people up, to have some enjoyment in life, to be able to laugh and smile. The reason I joined instagram was for a change.. I was on facebook.. well still have an account. But believe a lot of individuals I allowed really to drive me away from it because of so much negativity. Guess I let.. allowed.. them to take away my joy that i had with facebook.. guess really i need to take back.. manage how i view the individuals who try or maybe some unknowingly try to steal others joy in life. Yes indeed let the power they believe they have and take my power back to overlook petty comments and not allow it to rob my joy.. truth... or like my friend says "your not stealing the Sugar from my coolaide" lol. Thank you.

DavidMcNab

The older I get (and hopefully wiser), the more I realize that jealousy is a very powerful motivator. Winkeldinkel said it so much better, lol.
When you can't make sense of somebody's anger, look at jealousy as the cause. It's what some people default to.
And in the end, if they watch, comment, like, or share, it's all profit for you :)

nademedeiros

I'm a bit new to rumble, in fact just went online to share my photos and videos on instagram mid Febuary 2020, so new to a lot. But really wondering how other creators respond or shake off negative comments when material is put on rumble viral or online in general? I'm guessing you cant take it personal. Maybe I'm being to touchy about it. Feel I have to explain a bit. Video in question has to do with one of 2 orphan calves I had last year.. between the worry for his life, lost sleep, vet trips, having to force feed him first week just so he'd live, i guess it's a touchy subject for me. Then seeing a comment i pulled him, keeping him from his mom, rather record basically.. it cut deep for me. So please give me your suggestions on what you do when you know better. Thank you.
Haters gonna hate, basically! If your content gets enough views, you will get hate comments every now and then, and there's nothing you can do about it. No matter what you post, someone will dislike it; someone will make a nasty comment. When it's on your own channel, you can always delete it and block the user, but when it's on Rumble's channel/etc., you have two options: reply or ignore it. It's always better to not read the comments if they get to you!

cdngreenwaterdiver

I too use to take the negative comments personally, but as suggested by a well know creator here, he said" dont sweat it, engage with them as each visit back if they watch the video, is another view. Not everyone has the same feelings towards what we think is a great video, and being we dont personally know that person, just let it roll off your back. You will hear " oh this is stupid, its just click bait" , titling as click bait as we recently learned is detrimental to you page so be careful. Keep working at it, you will succeed .
https://rumble.com/user/cdngreenwaterdiver/

cdngreenwaterdiver

Thank you.. you had me laughing outloud with your first sentence 😂 Well first time I've actually laughed about it. Really sad that they have had to turn off comments to some videos.. very sad.. I'm 49 the world has changed so much especially with the use of the internet. Sad too that some cause negative outcomes when this world indeed needs to view some positive to lift people up, to have some enjoyment in life, to be able to laugh and smile. The reason I joined instagram was for a change.. I was on facebook.. well still have an account. But believe a lot of individuals I allowed really to drive me away from it because of so much negativity. Guess I let.. allowed.. them to take away my joy that i had with facebook.. guess really i need to take back.. manage how i view the individuals who try or maybe some unknowingly try to steal others joy in life. Yes indeed let the power they believe they have and take my power back to overlook petty comments and not allow it to rob my joy.. truth... or like my friend says "your not stealing the Sugar from my coolaide" lol. Thank you.
Also, when you start engaging, you will find there is always a positive . Many comments will be positive and outweigh the negative sad visitors to your page. Keep your chin up.

BLLRMD

The older I get (and hopefully wiser), the more I realize that jealousy is a very powerful motivator. Winkeldinkel said it so much better, lol.
When you can't make sense of somebody's anger, look at jealousy as the cause. It's what some people default to.
And in the end, if they watch, comment, like, or share, it's all profit for you :)
So very true indeed. All the suggestions and support has really made a positive impact on my perspective. Feeling very grateful to all of you. Thank you so much.

BLLRMD

Haters gonna hate, basically! If your content gets enough views, you will get hate comments every now and then, and there's nothing you can do about it. No matter what you post, someone will dislike it; someone will make a nasty comment. When it's on your own channel, you can always delete it and block the user, but when it's on Rumble's channel/etc., you have two options: reply or ignore it. It's always better to not read the comments if they get to you!
Believe I will ignore them and guessing over time and newer perspective will just let it go. Thank you for your reply and advice. 😊

BLLRMD

I too use to take the negative comments personally, but as suggested by a well know creator here, he said" dont sweat it, engage with them as each visit back if they watch the video, is another view. Not everyone has the same feelings towards what we think is a great video, and being we dont personally know that person, just let it roll off your back. You will hear " oh this is stupid, its just click bait" , titling as click bait as we recently learned is detrimental to you page so be careful. Keep working at it, you will succeed .
Thank you again and Thank you for the added advice 😉

BLLRMD

You are welcome. If I can, I suggest recording with phone sideways, it created a nicer view without the black side bars.
I need to find a different way to record soon. Those bars are created when I use gmail, google, create movie. I uploaded a few videos today just using recorded material straight from my phone. But indeed I need to look at other options soon I hope to get an updated cell phone. The android I have currently use is several years old. Thank you 😉

DavidMcNab

I need to find a different way to record soon. Those bars are created when I use gmail, google, create movie. I uploaded a few videos today just using recorded material straight from my phone. But indeed I need to look at other options soon I hope to get an updated cell phone. The android I have currently use is several years old. Thank you 😉
If you turn it sideways on future videos, that should help. But you can also use free editing software like Movie Maker or DaVinci Resolve to zoom in and enlarge your focus and cut the side bars down.