Conspiracy theory related content and Rumble.com

Zen

I have learned that videos about the paranormal or extraterrestrial, also known as "conspiracy content", are not fully distributed because one of Rumble's partners no longer accepts this type of content.

My series of videos were all only accepted for limited distribution, with the result that my content don't reach anyone.

Last month I emailed about this and I learned that Rumble's machine automatically limits the video if one of the partners refuses. More than 30 days later I have no news whether this has been fixed.

So far, ZEN cannot publish its content on Rumble.

I advise Rumble to adjust the TOS because this type of content is treated differently, censored in my dictionary.

I'm very disappointed.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I have learned that videos about the paranormal or extraterrestrial, also known as "conspiracy content", are not fully distributed because one of Rumble's partners no longer accepts this type of content.

My series of videos were all only accepted for limited distribution, with the result that my content don't reach anyone.

Last month I emailed about this and I learned that Rumble's machine automatically limits the video if one of the partners refuses. More than 30 days later I have no news whether this has been fixed.

So far, ZEN cannot publish its content on Rumble.

I advise Rumble to adjust the TOS because this type of content is treated differently, censored in my dictionary.

I'm very disappointed.
Of course content is treated differently, all content is editorialized for this purpose. Otherwise there's would be no separation between Full and Limited content, all videos would be just cluttered together, and there would be no point in manually selecting the best of all uploads.

I'm sure creators that receive full distribution wouldn't want to have their videos compete for views with lesser quality content.

At the end of the day Rumble reserves the right to promote content at our own discretion, and that sometimes means working with our partners to fit their platform better. Censoring would not be a term i'd find fitting for this situation, we're not stopping you from publishing and you always have the choice of going somewhere else if your content doesn't get the level of distribution you want.

Zen

Of course content is treated differently
With all due respect, your reaction contradicts yourself.

I feel that you are not entirely honest in your response. My thread clearly states that conspiracy related content is treated differently as you indicated in the email from Thu, Sep 19, 10:24 PM.

At the end of the day Rumble reserves the right to promote content at our own discretion ... Censoring would not be a term i'd find fitting for this situation, we're not stopping you from publishing
Restricting certain content from your service is also censorship.

and that sometimes means working with our partners to fit their platform better
I don't believe limiting good performing content is in disadvantage of your partners.

But as you said, Rumble decides what it wants.

Thank you for your reaction.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Zen,

We can go about this all day long but it won't change a thing. I agreed with you that yes, this content is treated differently.

But you seem to misunderstand the whole point here: "I don't believe limiting good performing content is in disadvantage of your partners."

To be absolutely clear, if a partner, especially a large one does NOT want your content, Rumble will not force them to use it. If they feel like Rumble sends them content they don't want over and over, they will look for another provider,

so no, we will not promote this content to partners who've made it clear they don't want it. And because we are not meeting your expectation and our promise of FULL distribution, we're being transparent with you in telling you so, in case you want to take your content elsewhere that may be more welcoming.

Again, the word censorship makes no sense in this content, You're giving us your content in the hope of full promotion and because we cannot deliver, we're giving you the choice of lower promotion or you can remove your content from the site to another platform. Censorship would be fitting if we accepted your content and buried it in the site for no one to see it, and you couldn't license it to anyone else.

You may think your content is great and it does well but it still has to fit the platform's needs, and it's still up to each partner as private enterprises to have a final say in what happens in their own platform.

You may not like it but neither do we, and if we're told "sorry, that type of content is not accepted here" we have to provide something else. It's not you personally they're saying no to.

Zen

We can go about this all day long but it won't change a thing. I agreed with you that yes, this content is treated differently.
Voila.. please be honest and transparent in the future. I appreciate that more.

Is my content treated the same? The answer is no. Why, because it's about unidentified flying objects or other mysteries. So censorship.

Here's the thing, one partner don't want my content that doesn't mean others are not interested. Instead my content is set to limited distribution because of Rumble's automation (You've explained if one partner declines it will be set to limited automatically).

Last month you've told me this is gonna to be fixed this but nothing happened?

Not long ago I did a review video about Rumble but to be honest, I really regret I put my time and energy promoting Rumble because I get this feeling Rumble is not putting that same effort in its creators which I am too.

The original reason why I joined Rumble is no longer valid sir.