Check your policy violation tab occasionally

DavidMcNab

I just checked my policy violation tab and found a strike. I believe it's an error and I followed the instructions to appeal. If it's not, then better for me to learn how to avoid more strikes.
All creators should occasionally check this tab to see if there is a strike on your account. It will keep things running smoothly. I'm glad I had a look.

sloggervlogger

I just checked my policy violation tab and found a strike. I believe it's an error and I followed the instructions to appeal. If it's not, then better for me to learn how to avoid more strikes.
All creators should occasionally check this tab to see if there is a strike on your account. It will keep things running smoothly. I'm glad I had a look.
Did it say what the strike was for. Aren't you just using your own Video/audio?

DavidMcNab

I will occasionally borrow footage from friends, but this particular video is one that I filmed. It has no audio except for the sound of a raccoon trying to get into a live trap for squirrels. It's a humane way of catching and relocating squirrels that need to be moved, but the fact tthat it's a trap is my only thought regarding it being unsuiatble content.
It could be an error, or it could be that I'm missing something. I don't yet understand how it's unsuitable. I'll wait for an email response.

Thanks for the heads up! Recently had a youtube issue where they emailed me...."We'd like to inform you that due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines " and suspended my account. No previous warnings. Appeal didn't work and they don't tell you exactly what the issue was which leaves you guessing. More distruction of the small creator IMO.

i have checked mine from time to time and so far i am clean. The guessing part regarding things with rumble is a bit frustrating. Trying to learn whats what is like going to school with no teacher,and no one to inform you of errors. Not the most efficient way of producing quality work with anything.

DavidMcNab

i have checked mine from time to time and so far i am clean. The guessing part regarding things with rumble is a bit frustrating. Trying to learn whats what is like going to school with no teacher,and no one to inform you of errors. Not the most efficient way of producing quality work with anything.
That's a good point, but I still compare it to YouTube and the complete lack of contact with the staff. I like that we can actually get answers from Mario, and usually pretty quickly too. I'm not worried. I'll figure it out soon enough. As long as you guys don't mind still being associated with a policy violator like me. :)