Bulk Upload

sloggervlogger

@Mario @chrisrumble has Rumble ever thought of a bulk uploader? I know you rather want quality than quantity, but I think this is more geared towards full distribution uploads? I'm in the process of making the Rumble only player my second home for a lot of my YouTube videos. I still upload for full distribution and these are carefully selected, but there are videos that I have that aren't made for full distribution or I don't want to give up my rights to delete the video, so for those instances I want to just use the Rumble player. As I never put my eggs in one basket, this seem to be a good option for me. The trouble is. It just takes too long to upload. It would be great if I could upload in one go and over night with a bulk uploader, like the YouTube bulk uploader where they all queued up one by one. Auto syndication is not for me, as I don't want my videos uploading automatically, I need to schedule them.

DavidMcNab

Trustworthy Member
This would be amazing. I live in a small town with a poor service provider. Now I am in Galapagos Islands, the only place in the world with slower internet than my home. But I would love a way to schedule videos to upload one or two per day while I am traveling. Or two overnight, possibly.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I'm not sure how a bulk uploader would help with "slow" uploads as this is an issue with the speed of the internet provider you're using, uploading one or ten videos at once would take the same as uploading them individually. This would be unnoticeable for users with high speed internet, but you can't at this point tell the site to start an upload at a different time, you can only upload the video in real time then add your title, description, tags, etc.

If you want to upload 10 videos at once for example, you'd need to open ten different tabs in your browser and do 10 different titles, descriptions, etc... But you have to do that anyway for any amount of uploads starting with one.

If you're doing multiple uploads, then you can use the scheduler to make them live at different times, which I think is the crux of the issue.

I think that answers that, but let me know otherwise.

nademedeiros

I'm not sure how a bulk uploader would help with "slow" uploads as this is an issue with the speed of the internet provider you're using, uploading one or ten videos at once would take the same as uploading them individually. This would be unnoticeable for users with high speed internet, but you can't at this point tell the site to start an upload at a different time, you can only upload the video in real time then add your title, description, tags, etc.

If you want to upload 10 videos at once for example, you'd need to open ten different tabs in your browser and do 10 different titles, descriptions, etc... But you have to do that anyway for any amount of uploads starting with one.

If you're doing multiple uploads, then you can use the scheduler to make them live at different times, which I think is the crux of the issue.

I think that answers that, but let me know otherwise.
I think what @sloggervlogger means (correct me if I'm wrong) is just being able to select many (but not all) videos from your YouTube channel and having them Rumble, without having to upload them individually (they'd already have a title and description)...

nademedeiros

This would be amazing. I live in a small town with a poor service provider. Now I am in Galapagos Islands, the only place in the world with slower internet than my home. But I would love a way to schedule videos to upload one or two per day while I am traveling. Or two overnight, possibly.
I've started scheduling my videos so that there'll still be new videos on my rumble channel during the months I'm away (and a lot of time with no wifi at all)!

sloggervlogger

@Mario My internet isn't that slow. The problem is I need to be on the computer to upload each one. If I can queue the uploads then I can run it all night without me doing anything. Once they're drafts, I can add descriptions and title, tags after they all uploaded. This would work for someone with slow internet as well. They wouldn't have to wait until the video is finished uploading. They can just queue all the uploads and they would be ready in the morning.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
@Mario My internet isn't that slow. The problem is I need to be on the computer to upload each one. If I can queue the uploads then I can run it all night without me doing anything. Once they're drafts, I can add descriptions and title, tags after they all uploaded. This would work for someone with slow internet as well. They wouldn't have to wait until the video is finished uploading. They can just queue all the uploads and they would be ready in the morning.
I get that, but it's honestly not an issue that affects more than a few users right now. So spending development time on this may not be warranted at right now.

I'll make sure to bring it up so it does get included when the need for it is more pressing.