Am I the only one who feels they should be getting Creator of the Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
I mean, I see many people here frequently uploading videos, commenting and such, and instead, the people winning Creator of the Day as "a highly engaged member of our community" is someone we've never seen on the community at all... I mean... am I really the only one who feels that way?
We take into consideration uploads and video comments too, which result in Rumbles. Most creators who win also happen to be very active in this forum, but that's because there's a big overlap.

I'm not sure if you forgot that you won the creator of the day once already, about 5 months ago.

The purpose of the prize is to eventually reward everyone for engaging with the platform, and if anyone feels they should be getting it but haven't, please reach out to me and I'll make sure we're not overlooking anyone.

nademedeiros

We take into consideration uploads and video comments too, which result in Rumbles. Most creators who win also happen to be very active in this forum, but that's because there's a big overlap.

I'm not sure if you forgot that you won the creator of the day once already, about 5 months ago.

The purpose of the prize is to eventually reward everyone for engaging with the platform, and if anyone feels they should be getting it but haven't, please reach out to me and I'll make sure we're not overlooking anyone.
My point exactly. I won it EXACTLY 5 months ago... in that time, today's Creator of the Day uploaded two videos; I, for example, uploaded 19. And I know that there are people who already won it 3 times (they deserved it, but that doesn't change the fact they did), so it doesn't seem fair when there are a lot of really active members, and a user that can't even be found on a search in the community, and uploaded only two videos in the last 6 months wins it instead....

Again, that's how I feel about it; I don't know about other people...

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
No one has won Creator of the day/week more than twice, and those who have is because they've been exceptionally helpful to other users and our team wants to recognize them.

The motivation to get the prize should be secondary to actually wanting to help and talk to other users. Remember that for the majority of its existence, the community never had a daily/weekly prize and creators were just as helpful without monetary gratification.

The prize is a reward for being part of the community, and should be celebrated.
We chose who gets it and we take everyone into consideration based on merit. simply having more videos and more comments isn't good enough. It's the substance that has more weight in the decision.

Winning this prize should be fun and kind of unexpected to the creator, and while I understand where you're coming from with this (and we can take another look at how we choose creators), the point is we are trying to reward the best members and doubly so for the ones that give it 110%.

Winning should feel like an accomplishment, but not winning doesn't mean you're not appreciated, it just means that out of all the active users/creators/community members you simply were not selected this week. You never know when you'll be chosen next. And the only way to increase those odds is just to be you, have fun in the forum and help other as much as you can, that should be a reward on its own, the $50 just puts a number on it, but it's not an end on itself.

And I want to emphasize, you really don't know when you're getting picked next! 😉

Good chat.

nademedeiros

No one has won Creator of the day/week more than twice, and those who have is because they've been exceptionally helpful to other users and our team wants to recognize them.

The motivation to get the prize should be secondary to actually wanting to help and talk to other users. Remember that for the majority of its existence, the community never had a daily/weekly prize and creators were just as helpful without monetary gratification.

The prize is a reward for being part of the community, and should be celebrated.
We chose who gets it and we take everyone into consideration based on merit. simply having more videos and more comments isn't good enough. It's the substance that has more weight in the decision.

Winning this prize should be fun and kind of unexpected to the creator, and while I understand where you're coming from with this (and we can take another look at how we choose creators), the point is we are trying to reward the best members and doubly so for the ones that give it 110%.

Winning should feel like an accomplishment, but not winning doesn't mean you're not appreciated, it just means that out of all the active users/creators/community members you simply were not selected this week. You never know when you'll be chosen next. And the only way to increase those odds is just to be you, have fun in the forum and help other as much as you can, that should be a reward on its own, the $50 just puts a number on it, but it's not an end on itself.

And I want to emphasize, you really don't know when you're getting picked next! 😉

Good chat.
Well, @DavidMcNab won it in December, February and now again in May... like I said, of course he deserved it, and he should keep getting it! But now people who barely use Rumble are winning it when some of us who put a lot of effort into it are not...

What I mean is that when I see a winner that is very active I think "Yeah, did a lot more than I did; they should get it", but recently I've been seeing some that haven't, which makes it very frustrating...

"the point is we are trying to reward the best members and doubly so for the ones that give it 110% ", but that's the thing... it just doesn't look like it, anymore...

I used to help new user since before it was called "community"... I don't think you were here back then... you can ask @DavidMcNab himself who helped in when he first joined... I got tired when people started asking the same questions over and over again without looking for the answers first... this Creator of the Day thing was a great motivation to come back, since some of us actually need the money.

It's a shame that other users don't share their opinion... what I wanted was to know if other people feel the same, or if it was just me, and perhaps the system wasn't "showing" me, cause right now it looks like you're out of people who actually engage (which would be fine if the ones that do had already won it in this calendar quarter), so I wanted to hear from other people...

BenW

Well, @DavidMcNab won it in December, February and now again in May... like I said, of course he deserved it, and he should keep getting it! But now people who barely use Rumble are winning it when some of us who put a lot of effort into it are not...

What I mean is that when I see a winner that is very active I think "Yeah, did a lot more than I did; they should get it", but recently I've been seeing some that haven't, which makes it very frustrating...

"the point is we are trying to reward the best members and doubly so for the ones that give it 110% ", but that's the thing... it just doesn't look like it, anymore...

I used to help new user since before it was called "community"... I don't think you were here back then... you can ask @DavidMcNab himself who helped in when he first joined... I got tired when people started asking the same questions over and over again without looking for the answers first... this Creator of the Day thing was a great motivation to come back, since some of us actually need the money.

It's a shame that other users don't share their opinion... what I wanted was to know if other people feel the same, or if it was just me, and perhaps the system wasn't "showing" me, cause right now it looks like you're out of people who actually engage (which would be fine if the ones that do had already won it in this calendar quarter), so I wanted to hear from other people...
For me it's a surprising and unexpected bonus. I don't feel the same way like you do, but of course it is nicer if somebody wins that you know well from this community, What I hope with you is that people will be more engaged to this community and maybe the 'Creator of the Day' can accomplish that.

nademedeiros

For me it's a surprising and unexpected bonus. I don't feel the same way like you do, but of course it is nicer if somebody wins that you know well from this community, What I hope with you is that people will be more engaged to this community and maybe the 'Creator of the Day' can accomplish that.
Thanks for replying, Ben! But I know you won it twice, so you're not in the same situation... what I was wondering is if other people are...

DavidMcNab

I think Natalia raises some good points and fair questions. I'll also add that when I joined, Natalia was one of a handful of creators who answered my questions and gave advice. I was lucky to have a few minor "hits" in my first few months, so I caught the Rumble bug early. The staff and friends in the forum helped me understand what I had done right, and what I should repeat, as well as what I should avoid. Looking through Natalia's channel, and others, was also helpful. In my mind, this makes her one of a bunch of very deserving creators here.
But with respect to the creator of the day contest, I don't look at that quite the same. I realize that it was a complete bonus when it was created. I know that part of the purpose is to pad our accounts a little and to thank us, but I know that it must also be designed to ultimately benefit Rumble too. If I were running the contest, I'd sprinkle a few wins around the community on people who might have run out of inspiration. I'm sure it is partly used to entice people who aren't as active yet, or those who have come back from a period of absence.
While I really appreciate the past wins, and the hope for future wins, I'm all for seeing it used however Rumble sees fit and I don't think much beyond that. If the top uploaders are always the winners, the less active ones would never feel the same excitement.
I'm part of a large charity event that involves 50 schools each year. We provide some great incentive prizes and some schools always award the top fundraisers the best prizes. Other schools use a ballot system so the kids get more ballots for raising more money. The result is that sometimes the child in last place will win. I just assume that Rumble uses a merit system with a mix of random chance.
Natalie was wise to speak up, especially to confirm that she was not overlooked.
Back to me....I've won three times. I'm very grateful, but I'm all for things getting "caught up" and evened out before I win again.
As a suggestion to Mario, perhaps "seniority" here could also be a factor. Natalia, BenW, SloggerVlogger, EinsteinParrot, Winkeldinkel, CdnGreenWaterDiver....and a few others have helped many members in their time here.
I love this contest. It's a fantastic idea and I hope it continues.
Thanks Rumble.

winkeldinkel

I like that the prize is an unexpected bonus or surprise on this site but we should not be on here if we are only looking for that perk. We need to keep creating and hoping for a hit. Sometimes the videos we have big hopes for don't make the cut and the ones we think will flop become successful. It's hard to predict but we have to keep at it. I am in the process of selling my home so I haven't been able to devote as much time as I would like to this. I uploaded a quick clip that I didn't think would make it a few days ago and it did better than expected so you just never know...Good luck to everyone on here!

nademedeiros

I think Natalia raises some good points and fair questions. I'll also add that when I joined, Natalia was one of a handful of creators who answered my questions and gave advice. I was lucky to have a few minor "hits" in my first few months, so I caught the Rumble bug early. The staff and friends in the forum helped me understand what I had done right, and what I should repeat, as well as what I should avoid. Looking through Natalia's channel, and others, was also helpful. In my mind, this makes her one of a bunch of very deserving creators here.
But with respect to the creator of the day contest, I don't look at that quite the same. I realize that it was a complete bonus when it was created. I know that part of the purpose is to pad our accounts a little and to thank us, but I know that it must also be designed to ultimately benefit Rumble too. If I were running the contest, I'd sprinkle a few wins around the community on people who might have run out of inspiration. I'm sure it is partly used to entice people who aren't as active yet, or those who have come back from a period of absence.
While I really appreciate the past wins, and the hope for future wins, I'm all for seeing it used however Rumble sees fit and I don't think much beyond that. If the top uploaders are always the winners, the less active ones would never feel the same excitement.
I'm part of a large charity event that involves 50 schools each year. We provide some great incentive prizes and some schools always award the top fundraisers the best prizes. Other schools use a ballot system so the kids get more ballots for raising more money. The result is that sometimes the child in last place will win. I just assume that Rumble uses a merit system with a mix of random chance.
Natalie was wise to speak up, especially to confirm that she was not overlooked.
Back to me....I've won three times. I'm very grateful, but I'm all for things getting "caught up" and evened out before I win again.
As a suggestion to Mario, perhaps "seniority" here could also be a factor. Natalia, BenW, SloggerVlogger, EinsteinParrot, Winkeldinkel, CdnGreenWaterDiver....and a few others have helped many members in their time here.
I love this contest. It's a fantastic idea and I hope it continues.
Thanks Rumble.
Thanks for your support, David!
Interesting point! I do think that new people, and those who haven't made much money from Rumble yet should be encouraged, but here's the thing, if Creator of the Day was awarded based on the success of your videos, then yeah, there's "nothing" they can do about it, but I what get from it, is that it's about commitment, and engagement... I mean, you don't have to be a successful uploader to win it, but you have to try. It's about the effort you put into it, you know?! And that is something anyone can do... even a user that has been with Rumble for as little as a week... I like it when it says "with these many rumbles, and approved videos, and comments, and likes...." and they talk about the creator, but it shows that the person works hard; they've earned it... but when they don't, and just say "a highly engaged member of our community", but when you check them out you find nothing, it's like the person didn't do anything to deserve that, you know what I mean? I think small creators should be rewarded as long as they show that they're actually trying and taking this seriously... you know? That's how I see it...

DavidMcNab

Thanks for your support, David!
Interesting point! I do think that new people, and those who haven't made much money from Rumble yet should be encouraged, but here's the thing, if Creator of the Day was awarded based on the success of your videos, then yeah, there's "nothing" they can do about it, but I what get from it, is that it's about commitment, and engagement... I mean, you don't have to be a successful uploader to win it, but you have to try. It's about the effort you put into it, you know?! And that is something anyone can do... even a user that has been with Rumble for as little as a week... I like it when it says "with these many rumbles, and approved videos, and comments, and likes...." and they talk about the creator, but it shows that the person works hard; they've earned it... but when they don't, and just say "a highly engaged member of our community", but when you check them out you find nothing, it's like the person didn't do anything to deserve that, you know what I mean? I think small creators should be rewarded as long as they show that they're actually trying and taking this seriously... you know? That's how I see it...
These are all very good points. I haven't looked at the channels for those who have won, so I didn't realize that. I do enjoy seeing the award going to people that I see working hard.
On that note, I'm loving your videos. That playful wild dog was one of the best videos I've watched in a very long time.

nademedeiros

These are all very good points. I haven't looked at the channels for those who have won, so I didn't realize that. I do enjoy seeing the award going to people that I see working hard.
On that note, I'm loving your videos. That playful wild dog was one of the best videos I've watched in a very long time.
Thanks!! =) I'm glad you like seeing me jumping like a fool... hahaha, I love that video too! In fact, there's a part 2, which I'll upload soon, and I love it even more; I think it's so funny! Hehe

PubgMasterGame

totally agree with david some times i see some creators not active for very long time ... i think it's random system for some time which pick winner and other time it's manually by support team on community

PubgMasterGame

after all at the beginning of this creator of the week price , it was meant to be for every creator to win it according to uploading videos on rumble , it gives some one motivation to carry on and keep going in bad days , as @DavidMcNab said before we are not sure which of our videos will go viral , most of times the least expected video does that , the internet in not easy to predict we all make our best effort

I totally feel what you are saying Natalia. I have won once quite awhile ago and at the time it was a nice bonus. To win again would be sweet of course. I agree there are some of us that are in the community quite actively doing what we can to give input and tips etc. As with approvals ,Rumble has a system it seems for everything. I have gone through some frustrating times with approvals which causes a slow down on submissions but i tend to dig in and start up again. This whole platform is a challenge to me to succeed, some times i do sometimes I dont.I keep trying and keep trying to come up with ways to gain experience and video providers or referrals. Yesterday while on vacation i gained both from the same person so i am hoping it comes together very soon as they promised . The key is to keep working, thats why we are here and soon both you and I may see our names “up in the lights” once again. Keep your chin up ;-)

nademedeiros

I totally feel what you are saying Natalia. I have won once quite awhile ago and at the time it was a nice bonus. To win again would be sweet of course. I agree there are some of us that are in the community quite actively doing what we can to give input and tips etc. As with approvals ,Rumble has a system it seems for everything. I have gone through some frustrating times with approvals which causes a slow down on submissions but i tend to dig in and start up again. This whole platform is a challenge to me to succeed, some times i do sometimes I dont.I keep trying and keep trying to come up with ways to gain experience and video providers or referrals. Yesterday while on vacation i gained both from the same person so i am hoping it comes together very soon as they promised . The key is to keep working, thats why we are here and soon both you and I may see our names “up in the lights” once again. Keep your chin up ;-)
Oh yeah, that's why I said there wouldn't be much we could do about it if it were based on approval, but the person should be trying to get the approvals... to me it's about putting an effort into Rumble.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Oh yeah, that's why I said there wouldn't be much we could do about it if it were based on approval, but the person should be trying to get the approvals... to me it's about putting an effort into Rumble.
I want to bring this thread to a close because I feel we won't be able to come to a resolution anytime soon.

The spirit of the creator of the week is to reward and entice creators to become more active in the community. Some creators are already as active as they can be, and most already spend a great amount of time in our platform. Having so many options for content online, we're happy that our creators choose to spend their time here, specially when it involves helping others.

Here's the problem with this thread; you mentioned: "this Creator of the Day thing was a great motivation to come back, since some of us actually need the money." This not something we can take into account when making a selection for the creator, we assume everyone wants to make money.But it does bring into light your motivation and I will offer a suggestion for this later on.

Winning the creator of the day should be a good thing, and now it's made to look like we HAVE to give it to you because you've complained you've only won once (had you never won it, not only would we have given it to you in the next draw, but I personally would've apologized for overlooking your contributions to the community ).

So the following problem arises: if we give you the price, or even had you scheduled to win anytime soon it will look like we're paying to to appease you.

If we don't give it to you, then it looks like we're punishing you for sharing your feelings. Which I feel would be just an unfair.

So my suggestion, don't rely on a random weekly pick of $50 that you have many people to compete against with as a way to make extra money. That would make this no different than buying a lotto ticket and that's not the point of this prize. The point of this prize is to reward people who already like spending time in all the different parts of our platform, be it commenting on the forum, on videos, submitting content, etc...

If you want to make money with Rumble and you've already submitted as many videos as you can, then start making contributions to the video descriptions. We have a few users who are very gifted at this making dozens of contributions a day/week, but you never see them in the forum because that's just not how they choose to spend their time. Every approved contribution is $5 and it may take as little as 20 minutes to create. We have some contributors using this as supplemental income, and they're pretty happy with it.

To close this up, I just want to go back to my earlier point. Giving you this prize now will look like a bribe, but not giving it to you will definitely look a punishment, which I wouldn't want to do.

I will open up a vote and let the community decide.

nademedeiros

I want to bring this thread to a close because I feel we won't be able to come to a resolution anytime soon.

The spirit of the creator of the week is to reward and entice creators to become more active in the community. Some creators are already as active as they can be, and most already spend a great amount of time in our platform. Having so many options for content online, we're happy that our creators choose to spend their time here, specially when it involves helping others.

Here's the problem with this thread; you mentioned: "this Creator of the Day thing was a great motivation to come back, since some of us actually need the money." This not something we can take into account when making a selection for the creator, we assume everyone wants to make money.But it does bring into light your motivation and I will offer a suggestion for this later on.

Winning the creator of the day should be a good thing, and now it's made to look like we HAVE to give it to you because you've complained you've only won once (had you never won it, not only would we have given it to you in the next draw, but I personally would've apologized for overlooking your contributions to the community ).

So the following problem arises: if we give you the price, or even had you scheduled to win anytime soon it will look like we're paying to to appease you.

If we don't give it to you, then it looks like we're punishing you for sharing your feelings. Which I feel would be just an unfair.

So my suggestion, don't rely on a random weekly pick of $50 that you have many people to compete against with as a way to make extra money. That would make this no different than buying a lotto ticket and that's not the point of this prize. The point of this prize is to reward people who already like spending time in all the different parts of our platform, be it commenting on the forum, on videos, submitting content, etc...

If you want to make money with Rumble and you've already submitted as many videos as you can, then start making contributions to the video descriptions. We have a few users who are very gifted at this making dozens of contributions a day/week, but you never see them in the forum because that's just not how they choose to spend their time. Every approved contribution is $5 and it may take as little as 20 minutes to create. We have some contributors using this as supplemental income, and they're pretty happy with it.

To close this up, I just want to go back to my earlier point. Giving you this prize now will look like a bribe, but not giving it to you will definitely look a punishment, which I wouldn't want to do.

I will open up a vote and let the community decide.
The money wasn't my point at all... I said that because the way you talked about the $50 is as if it doesn't make any difference to the person who wins it.

I am aware of the $5 pay per description and I think it's great! I've been meaning to do it since it started, but haven't found the time yet... and I do think that contribution to rumble should definitely count; what saying is that if that is the reason for choosing someone, it would be nice to read it on the email, just like when it says "with x approved videos, y rumbles, z comments and w likes, this person is creator of the day"... it's nice to know why a person was chosen.

This topic wasn't about ME. I used myself as an example because I can only speak for myself... but as you can see from the comment above yours, @cdngreenwaterdiver also only won it once, and he is a very active Creator! I don't have to win it this week, I just want to see that whoever wins it is someone who's earned it! And I wanted to make sure that people like myself and @cdngreenwaterdiver are not being forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.