3rd Party Payouts?

jencrumpy

Hi, I'm just trying to figure out how this works, So for a video on msn that had 2,583 views I got £6.98 & for a different vid that has 21,168 views why did I only get £3.60?! Can anyone explain how that can be right please. Thx in advance

RebeccaStout

I was able to check everything. The chart shows zero views from day one even though I got a 3rd party payment for the first month. When I click on indiv videos to check views only MSN views show in 3rd party in the initial couple vids. Other 3rd parties are zero (yahoo, aol)

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Hi @jencrumpy,

You earnings are calculated as Plays times CPM, CPM is how much the advertisers are paying to place their ads in your videos, and this number is always varying.

It's determined by many factors such as length and quality of your video as well as your audience. Who is watching your video and the ads are very important factors because it can greatly influence the earnings of your content.

Not all target markets are priced the same mainly for socioeconomical and geographical reasons.

Tripwire

I Have not got any stats on 3rd party views at all i have been paid of one, that was yahoo but don't know how many views it got or how much cpm it got either

RebeccaStout

Exactly same here Trip.
I understand perhaps no money is made sometimes and why. But there are 0 views showing since I got here in April yet I was paid for 3rd party back then. In my case I actually had a video go insanely viral that made me a lot of money on Rumble and Youtube .. its all over the web. Given that fact, I doubt there would be no views let alone money made. Im just confused. If everything is backed up, I dont mind waiting. I just dont get why it says 0 views and I just would like to know if my 3rd party payment timeline is on par with everyone elses.

RebeccaStout

Sigh. Blurry. My squeaky voice booming. And out of so many good Onni videos, this one "makes it". I guess I'll never understand lol.

Tripwire

I seen this one too, great video, all i can come up with is third party views are kind off like the front pages of rumble you get most of the views in the first few weeks then hardly any ...but saying that some videos do take off , i also find it hard to believe you do not get any views on the third parties there after. It doesnt make any sense unless your videos are taken off there ? Ummmmm maybe someone can explain this to us both lol .

Tripwire

I have over 11 million views on rumble but from the you tube side and only 7 thousand of them are from the rumble player on one of my videos. So they do stop maybe third parties do the same ? Hardly any of my videos have very many views from rumble player thats where you get paid a lot of money cpm from 2 dollars upwards you tube hardly paid anything 24 cents on some days.I cannot really say apart from i was paid for third party views a couple of months ago of a few hundred dollars then the following months i was just paid cents for that video ?

DavidMcNab

I find that third-party views are mostly going to occur right after the video is uploaded.
I do occasionally get a decent third-party spike well after six months though.
But that seems to be the exception. I have noticed small amounts of third-party earnings much after the six-month point. So my belief is that you can still get third-party earnings long after upload, but it would be rare for it to be a big amount.

I have also found that there is usually not much of a correlation between third-party views and views from another platform like Rumble or YouTube . Some of my really poor performers did great on third-party. And some of my best performers hardly did anything on third-party. They just don’t seem to follow each other.

cseh_17

It is exactly like David said. I would risk saying, that it is a rule: if the video performs well on Rumble & YT, it will flop on third-party, and the other way around. If it flops on Rumble, you can still get a decent amount from third-party.

DavidMcNab

Cseh_17. It seems like that is often the case. I've had some do reasonably well on both, but the best performers have usually only performed well on one or the other.

RebeccaStout

Ah that all makes sense. Interesting. Thank you. So many factors come into play. However, isnt it strange to not see one single cent on any of my videos after the intial month and payment? Thats go to be rare. Super rare.
Trip congrats. That is so awesome. My biggest vid hit 9 mil ... on Unilad. Lol. That I allowed to share for free. Heck but who knew?! Nobody was interested in that vid for over a year. My vids did well on YT I guess. But 10 years if no interest by other platforms. I was grateful for just the interest and still am. It paid off in its own way. If it wasnt for Unilad Rumble most likely wouldn't have found me. Noob me signed that vid to Jukin. Outside of YT? Not one sale/penny from them. The very thought if fate had it so that Rumble had that vid from day one. Ooo the money lol. And David like you said, nobody but nobody really "talks" to you at other company's. On a scale of 1-10, Rumble is certainly a ten in regards to so many things, and everyone else Ive dealt with is a 0-4. 4 being generous.

DavidMcNab

Jukin took your video and didn't pay?
I sent them footage a long time ago, at their request, and they didn't even get back to me. They ignored me after that.
I've heard horror stories about them.

sloggervlogger

I had the same experience with Junkin as you @DavidMcNab that's why I haven't used them again, but to my surprise my two old videos sold in the last couple of months for 100's of $. They've have got the account page now where you can log in and check on your videos.

DavidMcNab

I was asked for footage. They told me not to start an account. They were very vague and evasive, yet aggressive for the footage. It was a video that I had uploaded here first. When I referred them to licencing at Rumble, they asked for "spare footage". I actually recorded a second version of the video. New footage and similar "plot". The cockatoo did the same routine for the second version. They really wanted ALL of the raw footage, which they didn't get.
When Jukin stopped answering me, I was pretty sure that they were either having second thoughts and they were too rude to respond, or they were going to try and use the video for free. Neither situation thrilled me.
I wasn't interested at first, but the insistence that their platform was much more lucrative had me curious to give it one try.
Eventually, I uploaded the second video to Rumble, partly to get it copyrighted and protected.
I made a little extra money with the second version on Rumble as well.
My experience taught me that Jukin has no loyalty to creators and can't deliver. Or both.
I've yet to hear anyone say they had a great experience.

I proudly wear my Rumble T shirt. I've had nothing but good experiences here.