3rd Party Payouts?

@Mario When these payments come in, we will also see the view stats in the video details? I was hoping it would be visible by now, the estimated 180 days was 3,5 weeks ago.

Tripwire

Hi could someone tell me how third party works as I am not sure.. say if I put a video on in March then 6 months later I was paid third party is then that it.. or would I get more third party views for the same video the month after untill the views stopped or do you get it all in one go for March, April, may, ect

DavidMcNab

I've had one or two videos (out of 350) get decent third party payouts a year later, but most will net you money at the six month point with only a tiny trickle of money later. I haven't had the later third party earnings amount to a lot, aside from those two, but I find it very encouraging that it doesn't stop completely at six months. If you have enough videos earning you a tiny bit over the long haul it can amount to significant earnings.

@Mario I was wondering; will the 3rd party payout will come approx. 180 days after the video upload, or after the month end? My first video was uploaded and shared on MSN / Yahoo! / AOL about 210 days ago (April 5), so I'm checking everytime when it will come available.

And what other 3rd parties are there, beside MSN, Yahoo! and AOL?

Just received my first 3rd party payout, I assumed it was per video, but it's going by the month (I had 2 videos in April, they were both on the statement). Quite a nice surprise when I checked Rumbo the first time today :)
It looks like MSN is the party you want the video to be shared on; it generated 60(!) times more revenue on the same video as it did on Yahoo!, and 12 times more than 'Other' third parties for one video, and for the other one it was even 270x vs Yahoo! and 7x vs Other.

I don't see the view stats on my videos yet.
@Mario, are there more 3rd parties beside MSN, Yahoo! and AOL?

DavidMcNab

MSN is always my biggest too. This is the biggest reason why full promotion earns you more than limited distribution.
Uploading frequently and getting the videos promoted will keep your earnings rolling in every month. The videos rarely earn a lot after the initial payout for me, but there is often a small amount each month for older videos. And sometimes the third party earnings can really be huge for a video that had a slow start.
Congratulations! This is where it gets to be a lot of fun.

Tripwire

Well my video was uploaded around the 29th March and so I was expecting some views for April by third party but so far I haven't received any .It said I was paid for third party for March.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Hey @DoxiePom,

earnings thought third parties that are not MSN, Yahoo! and AOL come through as other in your transaction tab, such as smaller sites or if your video was licensed for tv for example .

@Mario OK, thanks for clarifying. I know that my two videos were shared there, but I didn't see any transaction from AOL in the overview but just MSN, Yahoo! and 'Other'. So, this must mean that I probably didn't have enough views to earn revenue I assume.

Any idea on when the May payments come in? From April came in on the 1st of November, so I assumed it would be on the 1st or 2nd from December.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Hi guys,

We're still processing May payments, and we're looking to have then done as soon as possible.

The payout will be announced as soon as it's ready.

DavidMcNab

I don't think we could ever get them to give an official date, but it has been roughly 5-6 months since I've been on here. I know everybody wants to see the money, but after you've been uploading for about 7-8 months it doesn't matter as much how prompt the payouts are. If they're late this month, they catch up and the next one comes after a shorter gap. As long as 5-6 months doesn't become 9-10 months then the money just rolls out roughly a month apart.
After 21 months of uploading, I feel like the money just rolls in each month and I don't care so much if it's a week late or a week early. It's only stressful the first few times if you upload consistently.