300 words video description, is it mandatory for full distribution?

Can you please tell me your experience with writing 300 words video descriptions. Is it mandatory to get full distribution or has someone had a video accepted lately with smaller video description?
I usually make short amusing videos of my two Ragdoll cats Jeremy and Luigi and, as I'm not a native speaker, I found it to be the hardest thing in the whole process of filming, editing and submitting a video to Rumble.
There's no doubt about it, I love Rumble and I've been really satisfied user for 8 months now. I also have a YouTube channel on the same topic for more than a 2 years (that has barely satisfied newest monetization criteria - for those who are interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLGIMv-ABpIGKN7x_N9BpUA) and it takes just a short look at the earning charts of those two platforms to really appreciate Rumble. I just need to figure out those long video descriptions... :)

I recently had a video accepted for full without 300 words. I agree that it is sometimes difficult to formulate a 300 word description for a clip that
is less than 30 seconds. They are saying that they want this because it shows up better in the search engines. You will often find that your video title has been altered slightly and that they don't use the full 300 words in the final video. I'm guessing that they sift through what you have written and take the best parts of your description and then they shorten the description in the final edit before putting the video on the site. Try to write as much as you can without using "filler" that has nothing to do with the video and your chance for acceptance is better. If your video is really good, they will likely accept it without the full 300 words but write as much as you can to increase your chances. A one sentence description is no longer enough.

Can you please tell me your experience with writing 300 words video descriptions. Is it mandatory to get full distribution or has someone had a video accepted lately with smaller video description?
I usually make short amusing videos of my two Ragdoll cats Jeremy and Luigi and, as I'm not a native speaker, I found it to be the hardest thing in the whole process of filming, editing and submitting a video to Rumble.
There's no doubt about it, I love Rumble and I've been really satisfied user for 8 months now. I also have a YouTube channel on the same topic for more than a 2 years (that has barely satisfied newest monetization criteria - for those who are interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLGIMv-ABpIGKN7x_N9BpUA) and it takes just a short look at the earning charts of those two platforms to really appreciate Rumble. I just need to figure out those long video descriptions... :)
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not a native English speaker either. And as you said the 300 word description is the most difficult part. It's also very time consuming. Something I wish I didn't have to do, BUT as much as I don't want to do it, I make myself do it. Even though I do have some videos accepted for full distribution that are slightly less, there is definitely a better chance from my experience that you do get full distribution with 300 words. I just tell myself, do I want this video to succeed than I'll better find something to write. Even though when it gets a bit disheartening when Rumble shortens all your work for two lines, I'll stick with it and as @winkeldinkel said it gives Rumble the chance to choose the best bits that they think will work. :) Also maybe something to consider : lots of people seem to do less than 30sec. videos. Well I got told, videos should be at least 30sec. That's why I always make sure my videos are longer than 30sec. Else advertisers find it hard to advertise on it, so are less interested in taking the video on.

Thank you so much! I guess I just got spoiled in the past when it wasn't necessary. The worst thing about getting limited distribution now is that I found myself wondering is it because of my faulty description or my video is just not good enough... Anyway, I understand that it may help Rumble to get most of our videos (what we all want) and I'll try to put more effort in the descriptions. :)

DavidMcNab

I agree completely. Why not make the effort after doing the hard work to record and edit?
If it's difficult, Wikipedia and other sources of info can often provide inspiration, especially when you record something interesting but unfamiliar.
Another possibility is asking for the help of a friend or family member who can't edit but who can tell a good story. Maybe it's a partnership approach that is needed.
My internet is so slow that I often find I can write the 300 words faster than the upload.
Watching other videos and reading narratives can be a good way to pick up pointers too.
But if the support team asks for it, I trust that it's crucial.

Thank you, David, you are absolutely right and I'm not doubting the support team. I truly believe that they are working in our best interest. Btw. I had the similar problem with the speed of my internet for a very long time so I can really relate to that. :)

I just wonder what is your approach to getting video accepted for a limited distribution in this context? Just like many of you, I had at least one video before that got approved for full distribution after changing the title and (back then very short) description. It was rather easy and not so much time-consuming. What do you guys do these days? Do you put some more effort to re-write 300 words description and re-upload the same video or you just give up on that one and put your time into making another video?

Holy cow! I'm brand new to the site. Had no idea about the 300 word count thing. Do you suggest I delete some of my videos and re-upload with a longer, better description? Or just make sure I do this moving forward?

If your videos have been accepted for full distribution you can not edit them, however while your video is still in the pending stage, you can still edit the description. Just click the edit button, do your re-write and click save. Also, if your video is pending you can also delete it and re-upload with the new description as well.

@efloraross First of all, I'm glad that this discussion helped you to find out about 300 words description. At very least you should try to do this for your future videos. Regarding your already uploaded videos, I agree with winkeldinkel, if you have the time to do it, maybe it could benefit you to get more videos accepted for full distribution.

@efloraross First of all, I'm glad that this discussion helped you to find out about 300 words description. At very least you should try to do this for your future videos. Regarding your already uploaded videos, I agree with winkeldinkel, if you have the time to do it, maybe it could benefit you to get more videos accepted for full distribution.
I'm glad I found out, too. Wish I had before I even started. It's hard to figure this system out. I've been browsing the discussion board trying to find helpful info. It would be nice if Rumble had a page of simple tips to help users. If that exists, I have yet to find it. Thank you for your help!

If your videos have been accepted for full distribution you can not edit them, however while your video is still in the pending stage, you can still edit the description. Just click the edit button, do your re-write and click save. Also, if your video is pending you can also delete it and re-upload with the new description as well.
Thank you so much. Unfortunately, I have had several videos accepted for Limited Distribution, so I can't do anything with them. I think a couple would have had a good chance at Full had I known about the description requirements. Live and learn, I guess. But it is disappointing.

I haven't a problem with the 300 words. It comes easy to me. But in the future, I might have just a 15 -30 second video ... I don't think I could do it then lol.
A little off topic, but someone brought it up: I've not tried deleting a video and changing things such as the description and title to reupload it to see if it gets full distribution. I was wondering... would you have to do that when you get the notice that tells you that you got limited and then at that point not accept but instead go on and delete it? And then reupload with the changes to see if you get accepted for full? Is that what you mean? Because you can't delete them and try again once you've accepted the limited distribution can you? If not, is there ANYthing you can do about that? Because I have a couple vids that are limited distibrution here with just a couple hits, but on youtube they are in the tens, even hundreds of thousands (so I know they'd be successful as they are proven).

BenW

I haven't a problem with the 300 words. It comes easy to me. But in the future, I might have just a 15 -30 second video ... I don't think I could do it then lol.
A little off topic, but someone brought it up: I've not tried deleting a video and changing things such as the description and title to reupload it to see if it gets full distribution. I was wondering... would you have to do that when you get the notice that tells you that you got limited and then at that point not accept but instead go on and delete it? And then reupload with the changes to see if you get accepted for full? Is that what you mean? Because you can't delete them and try again once you've accepted the limited distribution can you? If not, is there ANYthing you can do about that? Because I have a couple vids that are limited distibrution here with just a couple hits, but on youtube they are in the tens, even hundreds of thousands (so I know they'd be successful as they are proven).
You can't change things (delete or edit) when you accepted limited distribution. But you can when you don't accept it, so when it is not 'Live' but 'Rumbles'.

@RebeccaStout That's right! You can't change it if you accepted limited distribution already but you can (delete it and re-upload with another title/description) after you got the notice for limited distribution and before accepting it. I know it doesn't help for old videos that already have limited distribution but maybe it could help getting more videos accepted for full distribution in the future.
I had one video in December that got full distribution after re-uploading it with another title/description but I had no luck with that lately. That's why I asked earlier about everyone's experience with re-uploading videos these days but, unfortunately, got no replies.

BenW

Two days ago I uploaded my video https://rumble.com/v4igjb-a-timelapse-of-a-grasshopper-eaten-by-ants-and-wasps-over-a-day..html and I added 300 words. Yesterday it was accepted for full distribution and Rumble summarised my 300 words into two sentences of 28 words. Probably it's not that important to write a whole story. It is also possible that my 300 words story was crap....

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Actually, that's what they often do. They will alter your title slightly and take some of the more crucial parts of your 300 word essay and shorten it down. It just makes it easier for the final edit before it goes live.