300 word descriptions not being picked up by 3rd party

Since we were told to have 300 word descriptions on our videos, they are not being picked up by Yahoo or AOL. I have had 3 videos go full distribution (all with 300 word descriptions) and none of them have been put on AOL or Yahoo. This cannot be a coincidence as I have never had a full distribution video not be shown on these channels. I also checked other videos with 300 words vs small descriptions and they aren't being picked up either.
Can you clarify why this is happening @Mario

Thanks

Was this question ever answered? My 300 word video only got picked up by MSN. I found the "video" on Yahoo but it was just a link to rumble which doesn't really help. AND despite being "fully distributed" rumble didn't even put on their YouTube channel. So I'm overall unhappy about how this video was distributed. My 2 line described video is everywhere and because of it is doing much better. I feel the 300 word one had good potential but it's not anywhere but rumble and msn 😒

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Was this question ever answered? My 300 word video only got picked up by MSN. I found the "video" on Yahoo but it was just a link to rumble which doesn't really help. AND despite being "fully distributed" rumble didn't even put on their YouTube channel. So I'm overall unhappy about how this video was distributed. My 2 line described video is everywhere and because of it is doing much better. I feel the 300 word one had good potential but it's not anywhere but rumble and msn 😒
Hey Hendersonc227,

Yes, there's a more detailed post that's currently still open.

The 300 words requirements does help us distribute the video better by increasing search engine hits, but we're still dependent on the quality of the video to help with virality.

A bad video with a great description will not get better results than a great video with a poor description. But from two comparable videos, the one that doesn't meet the description requirements will no do as well as the one that does have a proper description.

We still want our creators to add a description so their videos aren't completely ignored by search engines and also because they help engage users into watching the content much more than videos lacking any description.

BenW

Hey Hendersonc227,

Yes, there's a more detailed post that's currently still open.

The 300 words requirements does help us distribute the video better by increasing search engine hits, but we're still dependent on the quality of the video to help with virality.

A bad video with a great description will not get better results than a great video with a poor description. But from two comparable videos, the one that doesn't meet the description requirements will no do as well as the one that does have a proper description.

We still want our creators to add a description so their videos aren't completely ignored by search engines and also because they help engage users into watching the content much more than videos lacking any description.
Two days ago I uploaded my video https://rumble.com/v4igjb-a-timelapse-of-a-grasshopper-eaten-by-ants-and-wasps-over-a-day..html and I added 300 words. Yesterday it was accepted for full distribution and Rumble summarised my 300 words into two sentences of 28 words. Why is that. if more words helps to distribute the video better.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Two days ago I uploaded my video https://rumble.com/v4igjb-a-timelapse-of-a-grasshopper-eaten-by-ants-and-wasps-over-a-day..html and I added 300 words. Yesterday it was accepted for full distribution and Rumble summarised my 300 words into two sentences of 28 words. Why is that. if more words helps to distribute the video better.
More words does not necessarily mean that the description will rank higher. It's how accurate and descriptive the words you use are.

We find that 300 does the trick as it's about two full paragraphs, but we have a dedicated editorial team that will try to bring it closer to the sweet spot and that sometimes means reducing what's unnecessary so what's useful stands out.

It's a matter of quality over quantity, for example; 300 random words will hurt your video's chances as much as having no description at all.

BenW

More words does not necessarily mean that the description will rank higher. It's how accurate and descriptive the words you use are.

We find that 300 does the trick as it's about two full paragraphs, but we have a dedicated editorial team that will try to bring it closer to the sweet spot and that sometimes means reducing what's unnecessary so what's useful stands out.

It's a matter of quality over quantity, for example; 300 random words will hurt your video's chances as much as having no description at all.
Thanks for your answer, although I’m a bit confused now, because I used some articles on the internet in my own words to write it as good as possible and as relevant as possible what took me some time, because that was Rumbles’ advice.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
Thanks for your answer, although I’m a bit confused now, because I used some articles on the internet in my own words to write it as good as possible and as relevant as possible what took me some time, because that was Rumbles’ advice.
I will send this up for review to my editorial team, I know they normally don't make dramatic changes to the descriptions unless it's called for.

We're also working on a project that will bridge this gap between the creator and our team. Stay tuned for that.

Mario

Creator Support Team
Staff member
The project we're working on for this is still pretty much under wraps as it is still under development, so it's not part of this announcement.
With the announcement we wanted to convey either live or almost live projects and how they've benefited our creators so far,

I wish I could talk more about it but I can't... Although I'm really excited to tell you guys soon....