3rd Party Payouts?

I've not had any 3rd party payouts since January. Have they been paid out since then? Did I just not earn any?

Comments

• The last rollout was for the month of January.
  • I received a 3rd party payment in June 2017 for a video uploaded in October 2016. I think it varies from person to person but generally 6 to 8 months from upload.
  • Hi guys,

February and March will be getting processed starting this week.
  • how long does it take to atleast see the possible payout from third party? cause we have one 3rd party that has over 4.6 million views from one of our videos but its not showing any third party earnings yet. Thanks
  • It takes about 6 months in average for earnings to show up on your dashboard from 3rd parties. Views that occurred in Feb and March will be reporting into your dashboard starting this week.
  • @Mario So how many months has Youtube updated?
  • Hey@cauuthovo

YouTube earnings update in about 4-5 days.
  • @Mario How eCPM on YouTube is only about 0.02? why?
  • Hey @cauuthovo,

if that's the Ecpm that YouTube is reporting, then that's what they will be paying. Their CPM payout varies wildly and sometimes it can be very low like in your example.
  • I started uploading in April and had no 3rd party payments as of yet,i have had some views from microsoft but no others show yet, but not had any payments yet, I may not have had any i just dont know , but im sure it will catch up eventually.
  • My first video was uploaded on the 5th of April, 190 days ago.. Really excited about the 3rd party views and earnings.
  • @mario My Last 3party Earning & Views on December 2016 after that no any views and earnings last 9 Months.
  • So far we've paid views reported until March '17, and we're currently starting to pay April views.

If you have no third party earnings in that time frame it possible the videos didn't get profit generating views.
  • Im excited to see what I will receive for my third party payouts. I seen my video on Yahoo, but I cant see the view count. But I have got 24,000 views from Microsoft just no payment yet. I uploaded in June of 2017 so im hoping to see a payment in the next 2 months or so.

Im curious on what other people may have received for about 24,000 views from Microsoft.
  • It's not easy to say for sure, but I've found that third party pays approximately $2 per thousand views. We were just paid for March so it will be a few months for June videos.
    Generally, it's about six months from upload to payout.
    The appearance of the MSN views so early is new, so this may mean payouts will be quicker as well, but I'm not sure.
  • I don't see any third party views or earnings for a video that went live as full distribution on April 17th. Not sure if it means that it hasn't been processed yet or there are no earnings. Would it still show views?
  • I'm also waiting for my earnings for the video that went live on the 5th of April. I know that it has over 20k views on MSN, really wondering about Yahoo! and such.
  • Just a quick update, we're currently still processing payments from third parties for April views.
  • edited October 26
    @Mario When these payments come in, we will also see the view stats in the video details? I was hoping it would be visible by now, the estimated 180 days was 3,5 weeks ago.
  • Hi could someone tell me how third party works as I am not sure.. say if I put a video on in March then 6 months later I was paid third party is then that it.. or would I get more third party views for the same video the month after untill the views stopped or do you get it all in one go for March, April, may, ect
  • I've had one or two videos (out of 350) get decent third party payouts a year later, but most will net you money at the six month point with only a tiny trickle of money later. I haven't had the later third party earnings amount to a lot, aside from those two, but I find it very encouraging that it doesn't stop completely at six months. If you have enough videos earning you a tiny bit over the long haul it can amount to significant earnings.
  • Thanks @DavidMcNab I Get it now, much appreciated .
  • @mario I was wondering; will the 3rd party payout will come approx. 180 days after the video upload, or after the month end? My first video was uploaded and shared on MSN / Yahoo! / AOL about 210 days ago (April 5), so I'm checking everytime when it will come available.

And what other 3rd parties are there, beside MSN, Yahoo! and AOL?
  • edited November 2
    Just received my first 3rd party payout, I assumed it was per video, but it's going by the month (I had 2 videos in April, they were both on the statement). Quite a nice surprise when I checked Rumbo the first time today :)
    It looks like MSN is the party you want the video to be shared on; it generated 60(!) times more revenue on the same video as it did on Yahoo!, and 12 times more than 'Other' third parties for one video, and for the other one it was even 270x vs Yahoo! and 7x vs Other.

I don't see the view stats on my videos yet.
    @mario, are there more 3rd parties beside MSN, Yahoo! and AOL?
  • MSN is always my biggest too. This is the biggest reason why full promotion earns you more than limited distribution.
    Uploading frequently and getting the videos promoted will keep your earnings rolling in every month. The videos rarely earn a lot after the initial payout for me, but there is often a small amount each month for older videos. And sometimes the third party earnings can really be huge for a video that had a slow start.
    Congratulations! This is where it gets to be a lot of fun.
  • I can imagine from your side @DavidMcNab, you amount of videos and views is insane!
  • Well my video was uploaded around the 29th March and so I was expecting some views for April by third party but so far I haven't received any .It said I was paid for third party for March.
  • Then it should come available any time now @tripwire :)
  • Hey @doxiepom,

earnings thought third parties that are not MSN, Yahoo! and AOL come through as other in your transaction tab, such as smaller sites or if your video was licensed for tv for example .
If you want to take part in the discussions click the Connect in the top right!